⟅ Chapter 02 ⟆ Meeting in our studio

NATALIE DAVIS
JANUARY 2, 1990

It was  6:30 in the morning and I was busy working out at gym like I do every morning. I have to be careful with my wrist and fingers because; one my wrist is sprained from landing on it, two when I was younger  my left hand's fingers were slammed in a car door multiple times. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to, I still have to be careful though.

I'm honestly excited that we've been signed. These girls can sing; I mean I can too but I rather produce our music. I thought about our group name last night and it's kind of tacky. But it  is going to have to do. I put my rope back and put my jacket on walking out the gym.

Uptown

Right now we're just chilling in our studio getting familiar with our surroundings before we work on our first single. I eyed the grand piano that was in our studio. I can imagine my fingers trailing across the keys creating a soft melody that would create music to our ears.

Then I eyed the electric guitar which gave me the idea for something futuristic for our album. I'm ready to get this started and make a name for ourselves. I sat down at the piano and pressed the keys, hearing the sound made me excited. Music drives me and excites me. I let my finger have a mind of its own getting distracted I didn't see my band mates and the group of guys staring at me.

"W-what are y'all looking at?" I asked as I stopped playing.

"Natalie when did you learn how to play the piano like this" Bianka asked. I rolled my eyes and got up from the piano.

"I've told you this before. I used to go to the music room after school everyday and play instruments. I taught myself how" I said.

"Ohh yeah. Sorry I forget a lot" She said while giggling. We all sat down in chairs and silence took over us.

"What are they doing here?" I asked pointing to the guys.

"They came to get to know us" Princess said and I nodded.

"So what's y'all names?" Desire asked.

"I'm Dalvin" The one with the pointed eyebrows said.

"I'm Cedric but call me K-Ci" The worm looking one said.

"I'm Joel but you can call me JoJo and K-Ci is my brother." The slightly chubbier one said. I looked over to the tall one who winked at me yesterday waiting for him to speak.

"They Call me Devante Swing and I'm also Dalvin's brother" He said and I felt a heartbeat forming in between my legs due to his voice being so deep. I closed my legs and bit my lip.

"Speaking of names I know what to call us" I said and the girls looked my way.

"What is it?" Princess asked.

"I decided on Unknown" I said and the girls were silent while the boys began snickering. I snapped my head in their direction so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash.

"What's so fucking funny?" I growled.

"Why the fuck did you choose unknown? Is it because y'all are unknown to the world?" K-Ci asked which made them laugh even harder.