Why does the name sound familiar? I bit my cheek trying to remember where I've heard that name.

I don't know a lot of people. I'm just sure I've heard this name somewhere.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just thought I knew someone with that name."

He chuckled. "You know people? Since when?"

I looked at him offended. "Excuse me? I know people."

"Who? Appart from my brother and sister."

"My mom!" I declared and he laughed. "And I have money. I'm not complaining."

Kevin.

I'm feeling weird, because I just feel like I need to remember where I've heard that name.

Where?

It may be on TV.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
He moved his arm around my waist pulling me back to his chest.

If he wants me to faint in this instant, he is doing a wonderful job.

I gulped slowly trying to keep my hands from shaking.

"Victoria." He said close to my ear bringing me back to reality.

I quickly looked at him trying to quickly come up with something. "How you need to turn my phone back on, because I have a mom in a mental institute and there could be an emergency." I said almost patting myself on the back for coming up with something this quickly.

He huffed and grabbed it turning it back on. I quickly grabbed it from his hand.

"I should kill you for what you did tonight." I said and I looked at my screen waiting for missed calls and probably messages to appear on the screen. I crossed my legs and waited.

And soon I saw five missed calls from Dean and three messages. I sighed and looked back at Jason who looked from my phone to my face.

"Don't you feel bad?"

He just leaned back taking a huge bite of pizza.

I shook my head. "I need to call him to at least apologize." I said and he went to grab my phone again but I pulled my hand away. "No. I have manners unlike others."

"I have manners. You don't need to call Benny to apologize."

"His name is Dean."

I rolled my eyes looking back at my phone. I genuinely felt bad. How would I feel if I was him?

He pulled me back against his chest even more holding me tightly. "I don't care what his name is." He mumbled grabbing my remote. "What do you want to watch?"

"You need to stop not caring about people, Jason." I said still looking at my phone debating if I should call now or tomorrow.

"I care about people. The list is just very short." He said as he moved his arm over my stomach. "You're acting like you don't know how I am."

"I do know. But still." I said with my eyes still locked on the screen.

"Did I hurt your feeling?" He asked.

"No. But maybe Dea-"

"Then I don't give a shit about Benny." He spoke over me. "Now what do you want to watch?"

I let out a huff before turning to narrow my eyes at him. "You need help. Let's watch 'friends'."

"No."

"Then why did you ask me?"

"I just wanted to sound like a gentleman." He said making me laugh.
"Marco Lombardi wants to take Elena out, by the way." He added.

My eyes widened. "Really? He told you? What did you say?"

"Well he's my friend and is sure as hell not going to run away like the last one." He said with a smile. "He didn't talk to her yet though. He wants to when he comes here."

Marco was one of Jason's closest friends. Jason said they met in kindergarten. His father is Italian, so they relocated their business there ten years ago. So he lives there now, but he comes once in awhile since he also has some businesses and associates here.

I smiled a little. "So you just pushed all men away , so one of your friend can have a chance."

"I didn't even know he was interested. And I like him, so why not?" He said and I nodded.
"What do you want to watch?" He asked and I just rolled my eyes not answering.

I heard the phone ring in the living-room and I just frown not moving.

"Aren't you going to take it? Or did you also give Benny your house number?" He asked in an icy tone.

"No. It's late. And it's not the first time. The person never speaks." I said and he looked at me furrowing his eyebrows.

"When did it start?"

"The last time Elena came here. When she told you to go to hell."

He looked at me accusingly and the phone stopped ringing. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged. "I just don't pay that much attention to it." I said and it started ringing again.

He stood up and walked toward the door.

"Jason." I called standing up and started following him.

He walked to the living-room and grabbed the phone.

He pressed it before bringing it to his ear. "Hello."

He sighed turning his gaze to me.

"Who is this?" He waited and I know he didn't receive a response because his jaw clenched.

He pulled the phone away before throwing it on the couch.

"I'm gonna find the caller." He said looking at the phone.

"It's not that big of a deal." I said and quickly kept my mouth shut at the look he gave me.

"Kevin was released from jail and has an equally crazy brother with him and God knows who else. I'm not taking any risks." He said walking closer to me cupping my face. "So let me do what would keep my mind at ease."

Kevin.

The man in front of the company!

My eyes widened and I gasped looking at Jason. "Kevin was the name of the old man I helped in front of the building."

***