He nodded and closed the door. "I don't think I'll be able to see you tonight. Something came up."

My shoulders almost dropped in disappointment. Yes. I couldn't help it.

"What is it?"

"My father wants Seb and I to be home tonight. There are things we need to discuss." He explained walking closer to my desk.

"But I thought all the business meeting with your father were done here?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

Hunter always wanted their meetings here.

"It's not really about the company." He answered which confused me even more.

Well now I'm just curious.

Should I ask?

Well he asked me about my mother and I told him. He wanted to help me. And I want to help him too if I can. So if he has problems, he can talk to me too, right?

Usually he just tells me, but I can still ask.

"Is everything okay?" I finally asked standing up to walk closer to him and he nodded.

"Yeah. Just some family problem."

Family problem? It has always been just them. I know Hunter had a sister but she passed away five years ago.

Their family is so good. What problem can they have?

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. It's nothing." He answered looking at me as he leaned against the table.

"You can trust me too." I smiled.

"It's nothing really. Nothing you need to worry about." He said and smiled lightly grabbing my hand in his. "I just came to tell you about tonight."

"Are you sure?" I asked and he smiled. "You look worried."

"You're worst than my mom. Yeah, I'm fine. I'll let you get back to work."

"Oh okay then. We can do it another time."

He nodded giving my hand a light squeeze before walking away.

How does he expect to open up to him, if he puts a barrier between us?
Then he just wants me to talk to him about my problems, but when it comes to his, he doesn't trust me enough.

I sighed and went back to my chair.

Well then. He will tell me if he wants to. I can't force him, can I?

My phone vibrated on the table and I looked at it to see an unknown number appear.

An unknown number on my personal phone? I am not answering. Not until it calls again.
I hate seeing unknown numbers.

It would be different if it was my phone for work. Most of the calls are from unknown numbers.

So I let the phone ring until it stopped. But then it started ringing again.

I huffed and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Victoria?" The voice asked and I frowned.

"Dean?"

I heard him let out a sigh. "And here I was think you maybe gave me the wrong number."

"No. Why would you think?"

"Maybe because I kind of forced you into it." He said and I let out a small laugh.

"No. I'm not that mean."

"I wanted to know if you were free tonight."

Well I am now. The one man I want stood me up, so I was thinking about eating and feeling lonely. Alone.

"Victoria?" I heard his voice snapping me out out of my thoughts.

"Uh... Sorry. T... Tonight?"

He chuckled. "Yes. You agreed on a date."

"Wasn't it a date when you made me late for work?" I asked.

"No. That was just to convince you to let me take you out." He said and I smiled. "So are you free tonight?"

Yes. But I don't want to be.

"Yes." I answered.

"So do you want to go out with me?"

"Sure." I said.

"Great! So send me your address and I'll pick you up at 8."

"Okay. Bye." I said and hung up.

As soon as I hung up, I almost facepalmed myself.

Why did I say yes?

One date won't kill me. After that, if I still don't like talking to him, I can just avoid his calls.