I am not a student anymore. I am an employee, so dating shouldn't be a problem anymore.

It isn't. Jason said he didn't want me to me to be distracted while I was studying so it shouldn't be a problem now.

"Okay. Why don't we just sit for a while and talk? I can maybe change your mind."

I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded slightly. He just smiled as we walked back to the table.

"So, what do you do for a living?" He asked as I placed my purse on the table.

"I'm a business manager. In an armament company."

"Oh Wow. Armaments. Which one?"

"Knights."

He whistled and nodded. "Big fish. You look so young. I'm impressed."

"Yeah." I mumbled feeling kind of awkward. "But what about you?"

"I'm an artist. Nothing big. But I'm pretty good with computers. But that's just an 'once in a while' kind of job. I'm more focused on my paintings."

I looked at him with interest this time. He smiled lightly as he noticed to. "An artist? What kind of paintings?"

"I'm more into landscapes. Always looking for beautiful place to put on a canvas. But I also make portraits sometimes." He explained teaching for his phone. "I can show you the last painting I've finished."

I nodded quickly as he looked through his phone and showed a picture. A painting of mountains.

I looked in awe. He surely knows how to the colours. Especially the green of the forest. And them reflecting on the lake, with the mountains behind. The image just looks so peaceful.

"It's beautiful. Where is this?"

"Alaska. I was there a few months to find an inspiration. And I did. I'm pretty proud of this one."

I smiled looking away from his phone. "You should be. You have an incredible talent."

He smiled while placing his arms on the table and looking at me. "I'm glad you think so. It means I'm winning points with you ."

"I just like looking at paintings."

I really did. I was the worst at drawing. I can't even draw a normal oval, but I enjoyed looking at real artists works.

So does my mom.

"If you let me take you out. I can show you my studio." He said with a smile. "No pressure. I'm just saying."

I shrugged lightly.

"So tell me. Do you family here?"

I nodded. "Yeah. My mom. It has always been just the two of us. My dad passed away."

His smile disappear. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "It's okay. I was too small. I didn't really know him. What about you? Any family?"

"Nope. My family just like to stay in one place. I'm an artist, so I need to see new places." He explained and I nodded.

"Any siblings."

"Just a sister. Haven't talk to her in a while though. She's a daddy's girl. Always doing what the old man wants. So I don't think she's leaving him anytime soon."

I laughed lightly. "And you don't?"

"Oh I do. But I have my own style and like to use my own methods."

"Rebellious artist." I smiled.

He smiled lightly and we just kept talking. I was hesitant but it kind of feels good to talk to someone new.

That's why I didn't notice the time and almost jumped when I saw that I've been here for over an hour.

"Oh God." I gasped standing. "I'm gonna be late for work." I grabbed my purse as Dean looked up at me. "I really need to go."

"Can I at least get your number now?" He asked handing me his phone again.

I hesitantly grabbed his phone and started putting my number on it.

What am I doing?

I stopped and just looked at the screen.
Should I really?

He is nice and polite. So why not. I finished putting my number.

I gave him his phone back and he gave me a content smile.

"I'll talk to you soon, Victoria."

"Bye." I said before walking away.