-

"every other weekend?" grandpa asks once more "yes every other weekend." I smile hugging him again. "bye sweet heart I love you have a safe drive home." he tells me hugging me tighter before pulling away to start his goodbye to Derek.

"bye jackson." I smirk towards my best friend. "you'll have to meet Shelly and Spike sometime, they'll love you." I tell him he agrees saying he would love to meet them. "don't get behind on you're running. I don't want to be able to lap you." he winks "in you're dreams!" I say embraces me in a friendly hug. "ill text you." I tell him and I see him eyeing Derek and he gives me a look. "ill text you." I repeat and he nods.

"c'mon babe." Derek's arm wraps around my waist gently. "a lot of people have missed you back at the house." he tells me as I get in the car. "I bet." I grin "because I'm so known."

"just because you don't know anyone doesn't mean they don't know you, trust me they know your name." he winks making me blush. "you don't understand, my hand just doesn't do the job that yours does." he continues making my face change to a much darker color. "oh baby girl don't act so innocent, I bet you pleasured yourself the same amount if not more. you're quite horny." he teases while driving down the highway. I shove his arm laughing as does he, his hands grips my thigh briefly before sitting against it for the remainder of the trip.

that's one of my favorite things possibly, us together in the car. his hand against my thigh his fingers tapping to the beat of the music. simplicity.

"we have arrived!" he yawns slightly, smiling widely. I step out of the car as Derek gets my bags out of the trunk. "maize!" someone shouts making me turn around quickly. "Shelly!" I smile hugging my best friend. "I've missed you damn you look good!" she says pulling away and looking at me. "thank you thank you!" I grin spotting spike. "spike!" I call and he runs towards me hugging me as well. "hey maiz how are you?" he questions "really really good." I reply happily "c'mon lets go inside so you can shower and get settled back in." Derek states pressing his lips to my temple. "I have a surprise for you." he whispers leading me into the house. "don't think just because Maize is back you can skip out on me tonight!" Spike yells at Derek before we reach the stairs. "dude she just got back." Derek whines. "what's tonight?" I ask looking between the two boys. I see Derek shake his head at Spike. "a footie game, one he promised he would go to weeks ago!" spike announces proudly I turn to Derek "that sounds like fun!" I tell him smiling brightly "but babe you just got back." he states gripping my hands "and ill still be here afterwards. go have fun with your friends I'm going to take a nap anyways." I tell him kissing his cheek lightly before running up the stairs leaving him with his friends.

Derek's POV

"so who are we going to watch anyways?" I question spike slight annoyance in my voice. "I'm not sure I like to be surprised." he replies "but if you're going to be a pain in the arse the entire time go join Maize for that nap." I consider it for a moment but I know she will get irradiated with me for not going to this damned game. "well let's go then don't want to get stuck in trafic." I state overly happy. the few members of the pack file out into the lobby grabbing there jackets. "just let me go check on Maiz real quick." I tell them and they all make the whip sound effect. "shut the fuck up." I shout running up the stairs.

I push open the bedroom door that belongs to maize and see her petite body sprawled across the bed her long dark hair aimlessly placed over the pillows. my hand presses slightly to her back as I kiss her forehead gently. she mumbles her eyes fluttering opened. "hi." she smiles tiredly "hey baby," I softly greet. "I just wanted to say bye." I tell her and she nods her eyes drooping back closed "have fun." she murmurs "love you." she adds before dozing back to sleep "love you too baby girl." I say running my hands over her hair. I so badly want to wrap myself around her forgetting about the football game but I force myself out of the room and into the car.

Maize's POV

I was slowly being pulled awake from my nap. rolling around in the bed stretching out my limbs and re wrapping myself in the mess of sheets. then suddenly I was on the edge of the bed and instead of rolling to the right to move myself away from the edge, I did the opposite. I fell from the bed waking me up instantly as I landed on the floor, bashing my hand into the night stand as I fall. I cry at in pain trying to hold my throbbing head.

"Maize?" I heard Shelly's frantic voice enter the room. "oh my god are you ok?" she asks and I shake my head tears pricking at my eyes. "ok everything is going to be ok calm down Maiz." she soothes before calling for someone to help. I hear several foot steps come into the room and I'm swiftly picked up and placed on the bed my body and head aching the entire time. "call Derek!" I hear someone shout I try to tell them no but no words come out. "get her some ice, we need some water!" there is so many voices and yelling and then I feel a sting. "ouch." I murmur tilting my head to see a nurse by my side. "Sorry Luna, you busted up your head." I groan out in pain as I see my hand covered in blood, trying to ignore the constant stinging and thumping pain in my head.

The nurse and Shelly help me up back into the bed after they finish stitching me up. Derek appears in the room quickly moving to the side of the bed. "what happened?" he asks his hand holding mine. "I fell off the bed." I meekly grin he laughs quietly "so clumsy." he tells me his thumb running over my bottom lip. "you sure did bang yourself up." His eyes roam over my entire body worriedly. 

I nod in agreeing. "do I smell pizza?" I question slowly "I think some of the pack ordered it for dinner, I'm not sure you should eat it." I automatically pout "you hit your head when you fell baby, badly." he states "so just one piece." I smile up at him and he sighs "one piece and you eat it slowly. we don't want you throwing up."

"deal." i say shaking his hand before he kisses my forehead gently and leaves the room. he returns a few minutes later with pizza

my stomach turned and I quickly push myself off of Derek. "I think I'm going to be sick." I tell him and he is up and off the bed in a second grabbing the small trash can from the bathroom handing it to me. vomit spews out of my mouth and I gag and gag. Derek holds my hair out of my face while rubbing my back soothingly. "I'm s-sorry." I shuddered gagging again "shhh baby it's ok." he whispers and I can feel tears falling from my eyes. my stomach aches as does my throat. I push the trash can from me slowly. "give it to me." Derek tells me reaching for the trash can. "no I'll take care of it you don't have to clean up my mess." he shakes his head "you're sick baby, let me take care of you." I sigh nodding as I curl back into the ball I was previously in. I hear Derek empty the trash can rinse it out and set it beside me on the bed. he grabs a wash cloth wetting it before dabbing it on my sweaty forehead and around my mouth. he brings a lid full of mouth wash and I swish it around my mouth before spitting it into the trash.

"I'm so gross." I whine laying my head down against the pillows. "How are you so sexy even while injured?" Derek grins towards me wrapping me in his arms  "This is so not sexy." I groan hiding my face in embarrassment. "At least i didn't give you the pizza. Now that would've been fucking nasty." He teases pressing a kiss to my forehead.

AUTHORS NOTE

hi dudes ! i have one more week of school and then I'm out which means I can update a whole lot more yeeeee !

so some of you made have noticed I'm not sure, but I'm editing some of the earlier chapters so some things might have changed in them such as spelling errors and grammar. I also have added an taken away a few things!

I hope you guys enjoy chapter 20! message me I love talking to you guy and comment and vote! I'm so close to 1000 followers!! that's awesome!

if you want you can also follow me on Instagram - keriwtvr and on my twitter - tyedyemalik ! it would make me very happy!

I will try to update as soon as possible !!

- :) x