Chapter 6

"Luna wait up!" Maddi calls after me as I walk quickly to our dorm.

"Ugh. Fiiine," I groan, slowing down. Maddi lands next to me, closing her pure white wings, and we continue walking down the hall to room 317. As we walk, we chat about random crap. School, life, things. We get small glares from almost everyone else in the hallway, but we pretend not to notice.

We finally reach the door to our dorm room and I take the key out of my pocket. It clicks in the lock and the door opens. The two of us say good night before getting into our pyjamas and going to bed. It takes me a while to get to sleep. Maddi, however, falls asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing in a dark, unfamiliar room. How did I even get here? What am I doing here? The room is rather large with many other isos inside. From my corner of the room I can see they are all as confused and curious as I am. I've never seen any of these isos before, but they all seem to know each other. They separate into different groups, chatting curiously. I open my dark wings and over my face to hopefully camouflage with the dark atmosphere. Surprisingly, it works. Huh.

There's something... odd about these isos.

Oh good. I'm not the only one that can see it.

Oh shut up.

I slide down the wall, peeping at the other isos through my feathers. For a long time, all that happens is the talking between the isos. That is, until, a male iso appears in the centre of the room on a raised platform. He has black spiked hair and a powerful posture. He turns his head to face every person in the room. I stand up and close my wings, walking stealthily towards the group nearest to me as though to blend in. Thankfully, they don't notice me.

The powerful-looking iso in the centre of the large room turns to where the group I'm camouflaging in, smiling evilly. That's when I see his eyes. One is a dark blue, that's normal, but the other one... The other one is deep red. Eerily like blood. I stare at him. At his blood eye. The group around me start whispering excitedly, all but me. He stares at me.

Crap.

We lock eyes for a moment. Not knowing what to do, I match his smile. His smile grows and he moves on. I internally take a deep breath. That must have been the right thing to do. Good. Why am I even trying to blend in? Then I hear a voice.

"Isos of the Dark!" the voice belongs to the guy in the middle. He keeps his powerful stance, as he addresses the others in the room.

Wait. What?

Don't ask me. I'm in the same boat as you.

I wasn't.

"You may be wondering why I am visiting your minds via the dream realm," he continues, "Well, my brothers and sisters, I will answer that question. I have managed to pin point the location of the item we are looking for."

He pauses to cup his hands in front of him, a projection appearing in them. He then holds his hands up to show them to the rest of the room. Several gasps echo through the almost pitch black room. I study the item in his hands. It's a necklace. Sorry, no. Not a necklace, an amulet. Silver chain, an iridescent pearl pendent. What's so special about this? Oh wait. Please don't tell me...

"The Pearl Pendant of Azmerelda," he says, interrupting my thoughts and answering my fears, "It is in an academy. Why she thought it was a good idea, I have no idea. But she will not hide it from us any longer! She has betrayed our trust too many times! Our Lord Heilbronn will never show mercy! We will get it, whether we have to kill her and all the students or not."

Cheers erupt out of the crowd. The iso in the middle lowers his hands and the amulet disappears. He too joins the cheering for a moment. The Pearl Pendant of Azmerelda. At an academy? Wait... Professor Azmerelda! She's my Ancient Relics teacher. If that's the Azmerelda this guy is talking about... oh no. This isn't good.

What if this is a dream?

You idiot! It is a dream! Why else would he say 'via the dream realm?'

Shit!

I return to, sort-of-reality to find the iso in the middle is looking in my direction again. I focus on his blood red eye. I don't know why. I smile. Evilly. Coldly. Ugh! Why am I so good at this? Am I actually evil?

He laughs. I keep smiling. He flies towards me, landing about tree centimeters from me. All I do, is smile. He says something to me before flying off. Over the loud cheering and sudden ringing, I can't make out what he said. I stop smiling and look around, confused. I looked back in the direction of where the guy flew off. His wings where open, only now do I realise the colour of his wings. They are black.

*****************

Heya! So I won't be able to publish Chapter 7 today as it is not ready. I think I might go back to one chapter a week unless something comes up, so you'll get Chapter 7 next Sunday. This is just the best way for me to handle my time considering I'm busy with Christmas and my birthday coming up soon.

Well I'm gonna go finish the next chapter. Sorry for the delay and sudden change of schedule. Crystal out!