Death

Dark.
      Dry.
      Muffled.
      The potato sack was suddenly unveiled off Klay's head.  He could finally breathe again.  He gasped.
      From above, a single light flashed upon his forehead.  Footsteps could be heard from behind. 
     Klay was immobile.
     His hands were tied behind his back while he was on his knees where his legs were restricted as well.
     He continued to gasp for air.
     A suddenly hand tangled through his curls and pulled his head back so that his neck was exposed, and he came face-to-face with the intruder.
     He couldn't not recognize those green eyes.
     "S-Steph," Klay gasped out in a panic as he was faced with the center of a gun barrel.
     "Goodbye, Klay."
     "Steph—"
BANG!
     Darkness.

     A sudden light rushed into view and Klay was conscious again. 
     He screamed and cried as he woke up, feeling restraints yet again.  This time, he twisted his head in several directions, attempting to figure out exactly where he was. 
     It seemed like a dark basement with—once again—one single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling.
     Klay was strapped in a hospital bed.  To his right was a metal table with concerning tools that caught his attention.  The bloody scalpel sure didn't seem threatening (I'm being sarcastic).
     The restrained man breathed in a panic, letting out squeaks as he tried to prevent himself from crying.
     Then a voice.
     "Klay."
     Klay screamed and averted his attention to the green eyes.  He shakily responded, "Please don't hurt me..."
     "Klay," Steph repeated, leaning into his friend.
     "No, no...please," Klay cried.  Tears fell.
     Steph gently placed his hand on his friend's cheek.  Klay flinched and closed his eyes, accepting his fate.
     Steph suddenly leaned in to place his lips on Klay's.  Thus, a gentle kiss was planted.
     Klay suddenly stopped struggling and gasping.  His heart skipped a beat and he fell into a daze.  He gulped.  "Steph..."
     "I know you're scared of me.  You shouldn't be."
     Klay breathed.  "Why'd you kiss me, though?"
     Steph giggled.  "I'll tell you the whole story."
     He pulled up a chair next to Klay and brushed his fingers through his friend's hair, calming him down.
     "I put you here when you fell unconscious after that panic attack you had.  I knew something was going on with you, so being the closest guy you've got, I wanted to help you."
     Klay frowned.  "H-How would you help me?"
     "I attached these wires to you and I could look into your subconscious."  Steph leaned in closer.  "Klay.  Your mind is filled with me.  You can't stop thinking about me."
     Klay blushed.
     Steph continued, "You're scared.  There were four specific things I was able to get from you.  Four fears."
     The restrained man continued to blush with shame and embarrassment.
"And...and I'm sorry that I did this without your permission."
"Well, yeah. I'm kinda pissed off by that," Klay replied. "The process...it's so invasive."
Steph nodded in agreement.
Klay then responded, "But please continue."
     "The dream you just had when I shot and killed you...you're afraid that I'm going to forget about you. You're afraid that I'm going to purposefully lose you. You're afraid we'll never see each other again at a point in our lives." Steph stared at his friend.
Klay's speech was shaken up. "I-I mean...I don't wanna lose you...You mean so much to me."
"I don't wanna lose you either. And I know you're going to hate me for this, but you need to experience that fear again."
"Why?"
"That's how you get rid of your chronic panic attacks."
"Steph," Klay stammered out, "you don't understand. These dreams don't feel like dreams. They feel real, even if I go to sleep knowing. I can't actually know if I'm dreaming—"
"You have to do it." Steph revealed a serum in a needle. "Please, Klay. Once you go through it, you won't ever have to do it again. Please."
Klay breathed.
He faced Steph.
"Fine. Inject me."

Fresh sea breeze.
Bright sunny day.
With an arm around Steph, Klay had the time of his life as the two relaxed on their ferry journey. It was nice considering they were the only couple outside on deck feeling the cool salty wind against their faces.
It couldn't be a dream. They were having the time of their lives.
Klay squeezed Steph tighter and held him closer. "I love you so much."
Steph giggled.
Klay continued, "Isn't this great? Aren't you having fun?"
He watched Steph smirk and slowly parted from Klay's grasp. "Klay. Why are you having fun?"
"W-well, I'm out here on a boat with you. Why wouldn't I be having fun?" The smile of Klay's face began to fade.
A sudden creek echoed throughout the entire ferry.
"What is that?" Klay gasped.
A sudden crash could be heard. The two looked over the edge. The boat was tipping over.
As Klay hugged the rails while the ground beneath them tipped, Steph didn't dare move. He began slipping down and near the edge.
"STEPH!" Klay screamed, reaching a hand out, but it was too late.
Steph lost any grasp and headed towards the ocean sea. Before they knew it, the entire deck of the boat collapsed into the ocean and the two teammates were submerged in the water.
Klay flailed his limbs in the sea, trying to surface to the air but was halted due to the boat trapping them beneath.
He was going to die.
But Klay didn't want to die alone.
He swam towards the floating, motionless body. Klay grabbed Steph and looked into his face, searching for any life. It was blank.  It was gone.
Klay screamed out Steph's name, only to be muffled by the water. He brought his face close and hugged him.
Klay's lungs began to fill with water.
He hugged Steph even tighter.
For every last breath he took, he felt closer to the man in his arms.
Then there was darkness.

The Four FearsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara