"can't she make her own dinner?" jin asked.

"no, she can not. she is always busy inside her chamber, i never dare to disobey her."

"but you're still outside now, tae," hoseok asked curiously.

taehyung giggled. "oh, it is because today is a special day! i don't know why but mother told me that i don't have to prepare lunch or dinner for today! i hope she is learning how to cook now," said taehyung dreamily.

"that's good for you, then," jeongguk said to taehyung, smiling. taehyung smiled back and snuggled closer to jeongguk's side.

  ♛♛♛ 

they finally made it out of the rocky mountains and bumpy roads, reaching some sort of flat forest plane nestled in-between the mountains like a precious pearl in a craggy shell.

it seemed like the entirety of taehyung's country was covered in gigantic rocks, soft green moss and dense forests made out of every single type of coniferous trees in existence. it was also incredibly cold. despite the fact that it was barely november, snow was already coating the grounds and the tree branches like a cosy blanket of fluffy ice. not even his thick fur robe could completely cast away the shivers wrecking through his body every time he rode his horse through the breezing air of the forest. the air smelled like fragrant pine trees, crisp fresh snow and damp, crumbly earth. the land was beautiful, but there had always been oddness that made it different with the other places. the land remained as mysteriously as ever.

a well deserved longer break would have done him and jimin some good since they'd been on the road day and night for almost two days now. but this was urgent and yoongi couldn't stop just to rest.

but now that they had reached the very depths of the land, the thick forests threatening to swallow them whole for almost the entirety of the journey, proof that their journey was almost over. while he did enjoy the picturesque landscapes this land had to offer, yoongi had already reached his patience limit. he led his horse faster, urging jimin to do the same with his own horse.

jimin frowned at the prince, absolutely hating the idea of how distressed the prince was. he was the only one who could comfort yoongi who was usually so collected and calm, but it was impossible to do that now with yoongi looking nowhere near by composed. but he understood why the prince was like that. after all, they were panicked. the king's order might be the last one he could deliver to them and they both never felt this determined to fulfill it, as if their lives depended in it. but of course, it was for the future of the jeon kingdom, there was nothing light about this. choosing to keep silent, jimin raced up to now beside yoongi.

there was light at the end of the road and they both knew they had arrived. the secret path was directed to taehyung's secret field, jeongguk was the one to find it, and it was so useful because they would always find jeongguk playing with taehyung here. and it was right, as yoongi and jimin finally reached the light only to spot the rest of the group stargazing at the sky.

yoongi's horse let out a neigh as it stopped, letting their presence known. soon jeongguk and namjoon ran to his direction, gaze asking for the sudden arrival for yoongi never came without notice. this was the third time yoongi came here, he bowed his head a bit in greeting to taehyung who did the same, expression worried.

"what made you come here?" jeongguk asked, tone serious. yoongi looked even paler than he was usually. this never meant great news.

"father, he is terribly sick," said yoongi. "he sent you this letter, afraid he will not stay longer when you arrive back."

jeongguk reached out to grab a coiled papyrus sheet and read, "i know you will be a great king for our country. do not listen to those who are always praising you, and try to find out the real truth before you punish any one." those were probably the last words of his father, jeongguk's eyes turned watery. as much rebellious as he was before, he always promised to remember his father's words.

"he wishes to see you before he dies," said jimin, sad. and jeongguk nodded, for his father, he would do anything, even flying to the end of the world.

but before jeongguk could walk to grab his horse, a hand stopped him and he was faced with a shocked taehyung. "a k-king?" stuttered taehyung, gripping jeongguk's hand tightly. "w-what does that letter mean, jeonggukie?" jeongguk sighed, his expression softened. he had forgotten taehyung. his deep secret had been uncovered and there was no other choice than to tell taehyung everything now. jeongguk felt so guilty, taehyung deserved to know yet he had hid so many secrets from him. but this moment was bounded to happen, however, and he must not run from it.

jeongguk sighed and started, "taehyung-ah, i'm so sorry for hiding this from you but i'm--"

"--prince jeongguk, son of king jeon. what a lovely surprise to see you here," a voice cut in. there stood from the shadow of the opposite side of forest, a figure with long black gown as dark as the night with a long trainthat reached the ground, long dark hair with one gold catherine-wheel fixed in her hair elegantly, pale face which painted with a cunning smile. a very beautiful sight if only the voice which came from the woman wasn't as cold as the winter itself.

everyone shuddered with the sudden presence, there was like a strange power that withheld them to submit to the mysterious woman. jeongguk's eyes widened because he knew very well who was this woman. she was the queen.

"m-mother?"

to be continued

i feel very disappointed w myself. my grades weren't as good as before. almost everyone cheated in exam, and i stayed honest. though the results came up and my scores were below those cheaters. its bloody unfair, and now my dad is bloody mad because apparently he thinks i am stupid, compared to everyone. so what? should i cheat too? lol.