jeongguk's response upon the news wasn't unsurprising but the king was glad he didn't put  much tantrums when they went off to another kingdom, albeit how reluctantly the prince was.

the queen, snow white's mother, was a beauty herself, and king jeon wouldn't be astonished if her daughter didn't turn up to be finer or just as beautiful as her mother. the queen was so pleased to be visit at, just as king jeon was. at first, jeongguk looked very uncomfortable so the king excused him to play on the palace's garden. being able to do whatever he liked, jeongguk spent most of his time in amusing himself and playing in the wild garden, never once returned to his father until the meeting he had with the queen finished. this apparently happened to every visit.

aside from this odd behaviour of his son, king jeon was confused on why the queen still hid her daughter from him. he had never seen snow white directly but he once spotted a little girl, playing by herself in the garden, collecting wild flowers, white ashen hair and true beauty of a face that he knew already it was the princess. a very good match for his son, indeed, yet so much as he thought more, the more reluctant he got. jeongguk wasn't remotely interested with the arrangement, snow white hadn't even presented herself, and the queen seemed to be more interested in king jeon than his own son. this arrangement was a futile attempt, a failure, and he chose jeongguk's happiness more than anything so he put an end in this immediately.

the queen wasn't joyous upon hearing it, and quickly dismissed him from her country after giving her last gift that was a set of healthy drinks that said could cure whatever diseases king jeon had, specifically made for him, much to king jeon's gratefulness. and that was the last time he saw the beautiful queen whose eyes held more mysteries than its beauty.

breaking up the arrangement seemed to be a good idea because jeongguk began to feel sorry that he was not better prince, whom his people could love as they had loved his father and bothers, as soon as they came back to their kingdom. he turned to be a very wise and good prince, even a little bit too stoic and constipated, that his father was so proud of. jeongguk still went off by his own a few times a year, no one knew where to, but it was hard asking him when he was in the age to explore the world and be as curious as he could be. so the king let him especially when jeongguk asked his brothers and their personal butlers to go along, seeing how happy they were all.

until two years later, king jeon was taken very ill. his health had been not in the best condition since he left snow white's country and no doctors had succeeded to cure him. he had drank the drinks snow white's mother had made, yet it just made it worse. knowing that he was going to die, he sent his oldest son, yoongi, to where jeongguk and namjoon were, a letter. jeongguk was eighteen now, he was still so young to hold such responsibilities of having a kingdom by himself, but king jeon believed that he was more than capable with his brothers beside him. and when jeongguk had arrived here he could finally sleep in peace for ever.

  ♛♛♛ 

it was one afternoon of a cold winter's day, when taehyung led jeongguk to their secret place again to play in the new-fallen snow. the field looked as stunning as ever, with now all the overshadowing trees and shrubs were now leafless and their twigs enveloped in the light snow. everything was beautiful, so white and pure, just like taehyung, jeongguk thought. winter now turned to be jeongguk's favourite season after taehyung declared it as his favourite one.