Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ohana

Several Years Later...

Shmi Skwalker stood watching as her son, Anakin  followed after a man with long hair but she turned when she saw a young girl standing beside her; the young redhead hadn't aged a day. " Are you sure?" She asked and Shmi nodded before she let out a sigh. " You'll look after him, won't you?"

" I can't protect you both, are you sure this is what you want?" She asked and Shmi looked away before turning to place her hands on the young girl's shoulders. " I've lived my life Aspen, knowing that my son is safe is all I want."

Aspen was quiet before she nodded and hugged Shmi tightly. " Then I wish you luck, and happiness." Aspen told her.

" Goodbye, Aspen." Shmi said squeezing Aspen's hand before disappearing back into her home.

 Aspen started after Anakin and the older man, managing to catch up with them before they reached the ship. When they saw her, the older man stared at her in confusion." Can we help you?"

" Greetings, my name is Aspen- wait, do kids still say 'greetings'?" She questioned before shaking her head." Never mind, don't answer that. I'm coming along and you can't stop me."

" Alright." The older man said causing shock to cross her face before she said." But, but I had this whole speech planned out, and everything."

" Shmi said that we might be joined by someone else." He admitted. " My name Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn, it's a pleasure to meet you, Aspen."

" Well then, now that we've established that, I'm going to take a nap. Wake me if you need me, kid." She told Anakin before she suddenly disappeared causing Anakin to look around in confusion.

*********

As Anakin threw his bag down in the seat next to him once they had taken off completely from the planet, a voice suddenly cried out. " Hey, watch it."

Anakin nearly jumped out of his chair before opening the bag to find a very small version of Aspen crawling out from underneath a spare shirt. She jumped out of the bag and he stared at her in amazement as she stood on a table in front of him. " Sorry." He said and she rolled her eyes before walking over to look out the window. " It's amazing." She whispered and Anakin frowned at her.

" Haven't you ever seen this before?" He asked her.

" I've been around a long time, Ani. I've seen many things, but this sight will always be the best to me. My kind are a lot like these stars, we can feel each other; sometimes we even catch a glimpse, but the distance between us all is just to great."

" Sounds lonely, don't you ever miss your family?" He asked and she looked away. " Some of us aren't that lucky, Anakin." She told him.

" Aspen, what made you choose my mom?" He asked.

" A conversation for another day." She told him before climbing back into his backpack.