josuke x reader (waltz)

Revisiting because I haven't given him a fic outside of tough Luck haha
———
Three knocks at the window wake you up.

You feel as if you're falling for a second before you realize you're still in your room, in your bed, and it's late.

You groan and rub your eyes. What time is it even - 3:56 AM? It hurts to get up and kick off the covers.

Another three knocks, and a muffled "Y/N, get up!"

You throw open the window, and the cold air of the night startles you for a second before you lean towards the cold frame, half awake, and look out.

Once you see who's outside the window, you sigh somewhat contently. As you expected, it's your best friend, Josuke. He smiles feebly from where he's standing in front of you. "Did I get you up?"

"Yes, yes you did." A yawn. "Josuke, it's literally 4 AM. Someone has to be dying." Josuke sighs like he's upset with himself. "I know, I know. I need your help."

Smiling, you cross your arms. "What's up?"

He puts his forearm on the bottom of the window frame and crouches down so he's looking into the bottom part you can open, and says: "I need you to teach me how to dance."
———
"So, why do I need to show you how to dance again?" Your ask him as you pull him through the little opening.

"That dance thing," he pauses so you can pull the rest of him through, "—is happening at the school and I told everyone I was going. I can't dance dance."

"Oh. That thing," you sigh. A mischievous smile spreads across your face for a second before you ask Josuke "why did you ask me to teach you?"

"Well - can't you dance?"

You give him a blank stare.

"Y/N—" he grabs both of your shoulders and looks straight at you: "—please, tell me you can dance."

You have to cover your mouth to keep yourself from laughing and waking up the whole house up. "I like to think I can dance dance, I guess. I mean, I do it with brooms occasionally."

A scoff. "That's a start."

Walking over to the corner of your room, you turn on the little radio you have and fiddle with the knobs until you find a good song to dance to, and so it's not super-loud.

(A/N: the first song is called "Blue", and it's by Asami Kado! You might recognize it - Jinsang's "Egyptian Pools" sampled a part of it! It starts around the 30-second mark :P)

You smirk. "Josuke, you are about to get the best dance lesson ever—from an instructor in her Pajamas." He looks down at his own pajamas and then back at you. "We're both wearing Pajamas, so this is gonna be good, I bet."

"I'll give you a tip beforehand," you start off, pointing at him with a look that says 'I'm a school dance veteran', "don't start dancing until the sappy music comes on, and then stop after it turns off."

"Okay?" He says, raising an eyebrow. You sit on the edge of your bed. "Just lean against the wall— or do whatever makes you and your delinquent friends look cool."

He scoffs. "Y/N, you've never been to a school dance from what I can tell."

"Well, have you?"

"..."

"Didn't think so. Let's start."
———
All of the things cluttering up your floor - a couple shoes, a sweater or two, a book - have been kicked to the side to make way for a makeshift dance floor on your carpet.

"I know," you whisper, "that some girl part of your fan group or whatever—" your hand goes in his, which somehow, isn't very nerve wracking considering this is the most popular boy in school - "is gonna grow a pair and ask you to dance. Or something."

The lights still aren't on but you can practically hear him smirk in amusement. "You're doing good so far," you whisper, as you place your other hand on his shoulder. "Now, just put your hand on my waist."

He stutters. "Wait, What?"

"Shh! Just...I know it's weird, but...just do it. You won't look dumb."

You feel his hand on one side of your waist and your stomach nearly buckles.

"Uh, Yeah. Like that." Mumbling, you can feel a little bit of sweat starting to form on your neck, but you quickly remind yourself that you can't freak out here and now.

"See, you have to bend your arm, but since I'm 3"5, I'm going to have to stretch mine out," you continue on, positioning your free arm to the space on the side of him, and he laughs softly. "Y/N, you're 5"6."

"They're the same thing." The floorboards creak underneath the two of you as you move around the room. "See? You're doing it."

There you are, at four in the morning, waltzing around your bedroom, worryingly close to the most popular boy in school. He's holding your hand and swaying you back and forth like it's nothing while the music creeps through the room like a cold draft...and hey, this feels nice.

Josuke's hand brings your waist closer, which brings your whole body closer to his chest. You're pressed against him, and this totally isn't part of the dance, but you don't feel the need to say anything. All you do is rest your forehead against his shoulder and keep dancing.

"Somethin' wrong?" He asks, and you shake your head no even though your forehead is still resting against him. "Just a little tired. Keep going."

His chin rests on top of your head. "You're right. I guess this is just pretty calming, huh?" A quick exhale on your part. "You could say so."

As much as you don't want to, you let go of his hand and step backwards a little bit. "And now you know how. Good job."

"I was confused about one thing."

Crossing your arms, you scoff. "What? It's not that hard to get."

His hand suddenly returns to its place on your waist and he pulls you close again. "I'd hold her like this, right?" He asks, a mischievous little smirk placed on his lips, and you laugh a short two-syllable little giggle. "Yes, you do."

He sighs, his eyes tracing down to your lips. "What if she wants to kiss me?"

"Of course she's gonna want to kiss you." You place your hands back on his shoulders. "...she's going to do it like this."

You have to get on your tip-toes. But for the way that he pulls you close to him while you press your lips to his, It didn't matter.
———
{1089 words}
{Published 4:30 PM, 11.28.17}
{figuring out height differences for this was a nightmare}