Casually Being Boyfriends

Start from the beginning

The ride was a good half hour. They were eating at the mall after all, just so they wouldn't have to call for another ride and potentially miss the film. The younger tugged along like a rag doll. The lights were blinding. But so very beautiful.

From behind, Jiwon's hair looked a bit overgrown. Dark brown locks that always felt soft on his fingers. He would run his digits through them while absentmindedly playing on his phone, or watching a show on the couch. Jiwon would always be in arm's reach, and he was grateful.

They went up to the second floor of the mall to one of the many restaurants. It wasn't necessarily a food court, but it was probably as rowdy. The arcade hit them as soon as they got off of the escalator, and Hanbin wanted to play. He hadn't played at an arcade for months. Maybe up to a year. He really didn't remember.

Jiwon never let his hand go, because they both knew that the younger would end up slowing down his pace or even stopping completely. He would always get left behind on accident, but also no fault than his own.

Hanbin caught up a bit so that they were walking side by side. He semi-hugged his boyfriend's arm although they were in a public setting. He just felt a bit clingy all of a sudden. "You alright, babe?" Hanbin nodded in response.

They soon sat down at one of the restaurants and quickly ordered their meals. This was part of the date where they would have to converse as much as they could because 'you can't talk during the movie'. Not if Hanbin has anything to do with it. Or Jiwon for that matter. They were the types to talk during a film, and they didn't even care.

"You didn't tell manager hyung, did you?" Jiwon held back a chuckle behind his straw; taking the opportunity to drink his orange juice. "You didn't tell anyone at all?" Hanbin persisted, although he clearly knows the answer already. The elder grinned that sweet angel smile with flawless plump lips and a cheeky pair of bunny teeth showing through. Hanbin was always weak for those.

So Hanbin sucked it up and accepted the consequences that were yet to come. Maybe they wouldn't even notice. They tend to joke about Hanbin knowing nowhere else but the studio, so he was just going to try that excuse, if even confronted.

They talked about the most mundane things. They didn't like talking about serious things anyway, and it was nice. They had other people talk about that stuff and they would know by listening. They didn't need to add in an opinion to every story.

Jiwon spoke the most between the two, and it was a good balance. Hanbin loved to watch the rapper trip over his own tongue and playfully question just how his train of thought even connects to his mouth. The stuttering and, sometimes, incomprehensible speech was cute though.

The eldest paid, and Hanbin never found it weird. Jiwon paid for a lot of things for him, despite everyone constantly teasing that he makes the most through royalties. Does it matter? He pays for shit, too. Plus, Jiwon's his boyfriend. He just wanted to treat him. It was cute.

Hanbin got clingy again and hugged his arm. He looked up and saw the same old grin plastered on his lips. It felt warm and nice and safe.

They headed into the cinema the next floor up, and despite it being a weekend, there weren't that many people around. The queue for tickets was empty. Jiwon led them there with confidence and immediately said the name of the movie. Hanbin found it familiar. "IT, for two, please." Hanbin quickly recognized it as an old horror novel from over God knows when. Thirty years ago?

"Are you kidding me?!" Hanbin parted his boyfriend only to slap his arm. "Why'd you bring me to watch a horror film?!" He wasn't actually angry, but he did feel a bit cheated. His first cinema film in months and it's a clown horror show for the ages.