Chapter 27: Ignorance and Despair

Magsimula sa umpisa

The said girl walked away while Sky shook his head and smirked before following after her like a lost kitten. So I was left alone in that party while wild college students dance around me. I managed to finish four bottles of beer before a girl from my school sat beside me.

"A man shouldn't be drinking alone." She said seductively and took one beer. She's wearing a very tight and short dress that could pass as her second skin. I only ignored her and took another drink. "I've heard the news."

I felt her hand rub my shoulder up and down as she slowly lean closer to me. "I heard you're now single."

"So?"

"It means I'm now allowed to flirt with you."

"I don't like you." I replied rudely but the girl still have a smile in her face after my insult.

"You will soon."

"Don't touch me." I snapped but she only leaned closer, flashing her breast in front me. I used to like these kind of things but now I can only feel disgusted.

"Bakit ba ang sungit mo? Kalimutan mo na yung ex mo. Hindi ka naman deserve nun eh."
"Shut up." Naikuyom ko nalamang amg kamao ko sa sinabi niya.

"You deserve someone better. I've heard she was a golddigger. Pera lang pala ang habol niya sayo eh. What a lying bitch she is—"

"Hindi mo ba ako naintindihan?! Are you f*cking deaf or stupid?!  I said f*cking shut up!" I yelled, slamming my fist on the table. I've heard enough. The girl beside me gasped and I don't know how much control I'm using right now not to strangle her. "She is far better than you so don't ever say those things to her again. Do you understand?!"

She nodded and immediately left me. Huminga ako ng malalim at pilit na pinakalma ang sarili. I took a gulp from my beer, emptying it and tossing it on the table.

Sky suddenly came up from nowhere gasping. "I just met the most alluring girl ever! Her name is Xianel and she's very stubborn, she wont give me her number. She even slapped me just because I said she had a nice butt."

Sky continued to talk about this certain Xianel he met while I finshed my drink. It was the first time heard him talk about a girl so passionately. Some of his stories were blurry but I listened without saying a word.

"I think I'm in love, bro." He said dreamily.

"Good for you. I hope you don't get your heart broken." I said and opened another can.

Sky sighed and patted my back. "I'm sorry, bro. I was carried away. Hindi ko namamalayan ang daldal ko na pala. I was so happy about meeting Xianel while here you are..."

"Don't be sorry. I did this to myself. May nagawa siguro akong mali kaya nakipagbreak sa akin si El. Then I hurt her feelings again by insulting her. It's all my fault bro."

"You're drunk."

"I'm not."

"You finished almost a dozen of cans." Sky counted the empty cans on the table.

"Siya parin ang nasa isip ko. I need more alcohol." I tried grabbing another can but Sky took it away.

"Seriously it's enough, bro."

I tried grabbing the can from him but I ended up falling from my seat and into the floor. I laughed at myself, both from pity and from my misery. Sky tried to help me up but I refused so I sat on the floor instead, laughing at myself. I probably look miserable in my state but I don't care.

Akala ko kung magpapakalasing ako ay makakalimutan ko na siya. Akala ko mawawala na ang sakit dito sa puso ko. Hindi naman pala. It's even worse. All I can think right now is her. Her beautiful face is flashing in front me, I can even hear her sweet laugh and I can feel her soft touches in my skin.

"Godammit!!" I screamed clutching my head. My scream was muffled by the loud music as people continue to dance,oblivious of my misery.

"Bro, come on!" Sky tried to make me stand but I don't have much energy to do that.

"I f*cking miss her. I miss my El so much." I cried. Wala na akong paki-alam kung may ibang taong nakakakita sa akin ngayon. All I care is the pain in my heart. "Please I want her. Blue, take her to me. I need her right now. I can't f*cking lose her."

I mumbled a series of profanities as my cousin watched me in pity. I don't know how long I cried or the things I've been mumbling,I'm just too consumed with my suffering.

"Maddox."

Napa-angat ako ng tingin ng marinig ko ang boses ni Luke mula sa harapan ko. Meron pa ang pasa sa bibig niya mula sa binigay kong suntok mula dito kanina.

"What the f*ck are you doing here?" Pinilit kong tumayo kahit na umiikot na ang paningin ko nang dahil sa kalasingan.

"We need to talk." Kalmado nitong sambit.

"Wala tayong dapat na pag-usapan! You bloody took away my girl from me!" I screamed grabbing his colar.

"Bro, don't make a scene." Sky warned from beside me but I ignored him.

"Paniwalaan mo na ang gusto mong paniwalaan. Basta ang alam ko, wala kaming ginagawang masama ni red cheeks."

"Red cheeks?!" I huffed. "Stop calling her that!" I yelled punching him. I've had enough.

Luke fell to the floor while other people started to notice the scene. Luke stood and wiped his lips.

Base sa ekspresyon nito ay galit nadin ito. I don't f*cking care.

"Ang lakas naman ng loob mong magalit sa akin gayong ikaw naman ang nanakit sa kanya!" He screamed punching me in the jaw.

I lost my balance but I managed to grab a chair to balance myself again.

"Wala ka bang puso, ha? Nandon' siya ngayon umiiyak nang dahil sa mga sinabi mo. Hindi mo man lang ba iniisip ang mararamdaman niya bago mo siya sinabihan ng mga masasakit na salita?!" He screamed. "You should've asked her first before jumping into things. Walang namamagitan sa aming dalawa. How can you be so blind and not see how much she loves you? You are f*cking stupid for wasting that love from her. You don't derserve her."

Nagdilim ang paningin ko sa mga narinig. It drove me so mad because everything he said was right. Maybe it was me who don't deserve her.

I couldn't control myself as I attacked him and pinned him on the floor. The crowed circled around us as we threw punches to each other. My knuckles were red from all the punches until someone pulled me off on top of Luke. Sky and another guy held my arms as I tried to thrash around to free myself.

"Le me go!"

"Calm the f*ck down!" Sky yelled from behind me.

"You're f*cking stupid, Maddox." Luke said while struggling to stand. "It was your father."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi niya. "What?"

"I don't know what lies your father told her but she loves you so much, she's willing to leave you just so you and your damn father won't fight!" He yelled glaring at me. "Do you understand now? Ang magaling mong ama ang dapat mong sisihin sa lahat ng ito at hindi si Penelope o kung sino pa man."

"Why? Why didn't she told me about this?"

I know my father. He is very authoritarian. Bakit hindi ko naisip ito nung umpisa palang? He was very nice to Penelope pero bakit? Why would he blackmail her?

"That's how much she loves you. She's willing to carry all the burden in her shoulders alone."

"F*ck, I need to see her. I need to apologize." Nagmamadali akong umalis sa party at hinanap ang susi ng sasakyan ko kahit na pagewang-gewang na ako sa paglalakad ay tuloy parin. "Godammit! Where's my f*cking key?"

"Maddox, you're drunk. Hindi ka pwedeng magnaeho." Sumunod sa akin si Sky na akmang pipigilan ako.

"For once, Blue. Don't stop me." I stated firmly before starting my car and driving away.

I only had one goal as I drive to her house. To get her back.