Chapter One: Harmonize

Prologue.

Chapter One: Harmonize

Prologue.

It's the year 2039. Two men in lab coats walk through a hallway. Surrounded by people, all eyes staring at them.

"It's ready Sir Thomas"

"Start the test."

"Are you sure about this sir? You do know who we're dealing with here right?"

"Oh don't worry Edward. After this is done, everyone who lost their lives will be with us again. This is just the first step. I made sure everything connects."

"I hope it works this time."

"START!" Edward yells.

A sonic wave emits from the walls of the room being monitored. The wave made the laboratory tremble like there was an earthquake. Containers that store human brains are displaced. They are labeled with several names.

Heather, Uriel, Manny, Alex, and Nathan

Everyone waits patiently for the results, their eyes glued facing several monitors. They write everything that is displayed on the screen. Near the end of the experiment nearly everyone was smiling, talking to each other. Laughing, betting, some even celebrating.

"We did it!"

Intro

Present time.

"Alex! Quick come here! I have to show you something" His father yells.

Alex closes all the windows displaying manga and proceeds to follow the direction of his father's voice. He sees his family crowded together watching monitors. "Look who's at the cameras again! It's that dancing hobo!"

The family laughs, except for Alex who remains silent. He tries to walk away to return to his computer. But before he could, his father grabs him by his collar. "Oh no you don't, that's not why I called you all here"

His father moves to another room and returns carrying a huge box.

"What is it, pa?" his little sister asks.

"Well darling, this here is a walking talking artificial intelligent android, AI for short."

"What does it do?" "Well, I'll show ya." He carefully lifts the box.

Inside the box what appears to be an 18-year-old girl with black medium-length hair, blue eyes, wearing red and black flannel, and blue-green jeans

Inside the box what appears to be an 18-year-old girl with black medium-length hair, blue eyes, wearing red and black flannel, and blue-green jeans. Everyone is excited, except for Alex who seems mesmerized by the girl as if he's in love."This is Shel, our first android maid. She'll be doing all the chores from now on because a certain someone can't be bothered to get their butt moving"Shel does their chores for several months. During her chores, Alex watches her, like a cat and a laser pointer. In between her chores, Alex would come up to her and ask questions about how she perceive, feel, if she has a sense of humor, and even where banana seeds come from.

 In between her chores, Alex would come up to her and ask questions about how she perceive, feel, if she has a sense of humor, and even where banana seeds come from

Shel would always answer them with very basic answers, as expected. Almost feels like talking to early versions of voice recognition. But Alex would always enjoy talking to her, mostly due to him being socially awkward around real people. It calms him down and provides a sense of relief, like confessing a murder.After those several months, the family grew bored of Shel. The mother orders Alex to sell Shel. He did not move an inch and was forced to be pushed outside his room and the family's flat.It's his first time seeing the hallways and so he wanders around, grabbing Shel by the hand. In his subconscious mind, he thinks he might be able to order Shel to do some intimate things. The apartment is full of inconsistent pathways and odd layouts for every floor that he might as well call himself lost, while walking he remembers that his father has cameras all over the apartment, he looks around to find any open or unlocked door and he stumbles upon an entrance with no door at all.

 The apartment is full of inconsistent pathways and odd layouts for every floor that he might as well call himself lost, while walking he remembers that his father has cameras all over the apartment, he looks around to find any open or unlocked do...

Alex enters and what seems to be an entrance to a resort. What felt like a room from the outside, is the outside. In front of him is a huge row of displayed food, next to a long line of benches. He grabs a couple of bite-sized food while walking. Out of nowhere, he sees his family sitting on the benches."Alex is that you?" His mother asks."I thought you were supposed to sell that thing, not hold hands with it!"Alex lets go of her hand."Get out of here boy and sell that thing, that expensive thing disgusts me."He nods quickly and leaves.