Temper Temper

Warning! Not edited at all -.-" I'm just really lazy these days.

********************************

I stared at Len as if he had grown an extra head, which at that time I suppose would have been less surprising than what he had just told me. I finally tore my eyes away from him and fixed them on the master instead. He still wouldn't meet my eyes. So I did the natural thing, I started laughing.

By the time I stopped, everyone was staring at me like I was crazy, that's when I realized they were not kidding. This wasn't some joke Len had made to lighten the mood and make everyone laugh, this was the cold, hard truth. The grin that was on my face just moments ago slipped away slowly as Lens words finally started to sink in. Aaron was his brother. Aaron-the most feared and powerful rogue to ever be seen in Tatian- was Lens elder brother.

"your not kidding are you?" I said. It wasn't a question, I was stating a fact.

"no." Len answered anyways, looking me straight in the eye. I nodded.

" Listen honey, I'm so so so sorry that you are going through all of this. Your new to the guild- heck,it's just your 4th day! And already your Flatmate got kidnaped, you wer attacked by assassins and now this.... It's just not fair to you. But we really can't do anything about it.." Mama Jill spoke up from where she was standing in silence all this time, coming up to give me a bear hug that I returned thankfully. She was right, it wasn't easy or fair but Life never was. So I just had to put my big girl panties on, suck it up and deal with it.

Easier said than done though.

"it's ok Mama, I'ts fine, really" I said as she cupped my face in her hands, staring into my eyes to make sure I was telling the truth. And I really was, I was just a bit surprised by everything that had unfolded in front of me in the past few days. I took her hand away from my face and held them in my own for a second before letting them go.

"really" I repeated, giving her a small smile. She returned it after a second of hesitation. I turned away from her and looked at the master who was just silently watching both of us with sad eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile and then turned serious.

"so, what are we going to do?" I asked. " I men, I guess if Len knows where Aaron is then we could-"

"no." The master snapped. "There is no 'we' here Aireen. There is only Len and the people I assign to go with him." He said, his voice cold. He must have seen the shock and disbelief in my eyes,- which was good, because I wasn't trying to hide it anyways- because his eyes softened along with his tone.

"I'm sorry bud, but with everything that's happened, I don't want to put more stress on you. I know that it's hard, but I don't want to see you get hurt." My temper flared. I wasn't the most level headed person out there, I'll admit, especially when it came to my friends and family. Teresa, my only friend in the whole guild had been kidnapped by the same assassin that had tried to kill me and he just wanted me to sit here and do nothing just because he ' dint want me to get hurt' That had to be the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard and he was crazy if he thought I would just take that laying down. He was really, really crazy.

"your crazy." I said. Everyone's heads snapped towards me instantly, disbelief clear on their faces.

"excuse m-" the master tried but I cut him off before he could continue. Something that I could see pissed him off immensely.

"your crazy if you think I'm just going to sit here doing nothing while the person who tried to KILL ME and kidnapped my friend is still on the loose with her. You know what I'm capable of, heck, you know what I'm capable of better than me! I'm not a child, I can take care of myself, if I get hurt it will be my own fault not anyone else's and as for stress. It'll stress me out more to just sit her twiddling my thumbs knowing my friend is still in danger and that I can't do shit about it just because some old man dint want me to get a booboo.!" my voice had risen enough so that most of the guild had heard me and was staring at me in shock. The master rose from his seat, towering over my 5'8 frame. He raised his hand.

Now, I was expecting a lot of things to happen at that time. Him slapping me. Him humiliating me. Him kicking me out of the guild or even turning me into a little lab rat. So to say that I was shocked when he smiled and pulled me into a hug would have been an understatement of the century. I was so stunned I couldn't even respond, so my arms wer hanging limply at my sides. He pulled away from me, the smile still on his face and when I looked around, everyone else was smiling at me too. I was beyond confused.

"well, now I know for a fact that you belong in Vendelon and that I dint make the wrong choice. You have the passion, loyalty and the short temper we Vendetorians are known for. I'm very proud and so, now that you have proven that you are someone we can fully trust, I shall send you with Len to track down his brother. Hopefully, you two will only be gone for a few days but you must be careful. People should not know who you are, the black market is a place of nightmares but also of dreams if you know what you are looking for and how and where to find it." He said.

I was stunned. My mind was blank and my throat dry. I had never expected for this to happen. So I just stared at the master as if I had never seen light and he was the sun. He just smiled once more and left me alone, standing there, gaping after him. I dint move or even blink until a hand was waved infront of my face.

"helooooo? Earth to Aireen, you ok?" Len asked. I blinked and shook my head.

"what just happened?" I asked Len in a dazed voice.

He smiled the smile that made my insides melt and made my mushy brain turn even more mushy.

"well.." he said. " I believe you just got your first quest"

***********************

Yay! Finally uploaded! So happy! :D I just finished this chapter in an hour so I'm guessing it's. Kinda short but I just couldn't wait to update! So anyways, 20 votes for the next chapter! Thanx a lot! :D

Buns and hotdogs

Xoxo- Rabz