Chapter number 6

I wringed out my dripping tank top and looked up at Zain.

"Let's start walking now." he smiled and linked his arm with mine. A comfortable silence set around us. I loved it. It's always awkward with other people if we don't talk about anything. But with Zain, it gave me time to think. He made me happy. Every spring break with him was amazing. Hell, every day with him was amazing. We never fought for real, being that we're practically growing up together. I saw him just as much, maybe even more than my own family. He's like family. But he's definitely not like a brother. At least I want him to be more than that. Wait....do I?

"Maryyyyy, what's got you so concerned?"

"Nothing babe, I'm just wondering if we're still going to keep up this 'dating' thing."

He took a deep breath and stopped walking. He was thinking pretty hard. Did I say something wrong? I mean, Ryan was off my back and well Becky moved on to other, older boys to chase after. And I really did like all the kisses. But it's not real.

"Mary, I like you."

"And I like you too"

"But I mean I like you more than a friend."

I took a deep breath. Could it be true? Is he just messing with me? But then I realized that Zain would never do anything like that to me. Smiling I looked up at Zain and said,

"So do I."

"Then maybe we should start from there." He took me into his arms and kissed me

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Doniya pulled over and rolled her window down.

"Get in losers, we're getting coffee.