Bonding

Lily's P.O.V

I don't get what's up with Peri. She's usually so nice but she's being so mean to her sister. All she wanted was to go to the toilet and she wouldn't take her; the poor kid was nearly crying and she couldn't sit still.

How could she not know how old her own sister is? And why isn't she nice to her?

When I get to the pushchair, Emma pulls away from me, which is understandable. "It's okay, I'm just gonna take you for a wee yeah?"

"Pewi." She whimpers reaching for her.

"Go with Lily, Emma." Peri instructs.

"Buh-"

"No. You go with her or you wait. Your choice." What is going on with her?

Emma whines but slowly raises her arms towards me. I quickly unstrap her from the pushchair and take her behind a wall. "No toyet?" She tilts her head to the side looking confused.

"Nope. I'll have to dangle you." She still looks confused so I decide to just explain as I go.

When she's done I lead her back towards everyone else but she starts to move towards the pushchair again. I stop and crouch down in front of her. "Do you want to come sit with us?"

"I 'llowed?" She questions.

"I don't see why not." I look back over at everyone else to see no one's paying attention to us. "Do you wanna go sit with Peri?" She shakes her head and looks down. "You can sit with me if you like." She nods shyly so I stand back up.

"I get blankie?" I nod and wait for her to get it before leading her over to the others.

"She can sit in the pushchair Lily." Peri says rolling her eyes as I pull Emma on to my lap.

"It's fine, I don't mind." I smile. She rolls her eyes again and then focuses her attention back on Nico.

*About an hour and a half later.*

"Peri Lomax you are in so much trouble. Up now." Cameron orders sternly. I rush over to Lily and carefully lift Emma out of her arms, causing her to stir slightly before lying her head on my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head, rocking her as I hold her tightly. I look back up to see Cameron pull Peri up from where she's sitting on the floor, while she complains loudly. "Dad stop! You're so embarrassing, leave me alone! Get off me!"

"I don't think you really have any room for complaining right now, do you?"

"Dad I'm serious, get off!"
"Yeah? Well I'm serious too. Move it." She huffs, starting to walk with him. I lay Emma down in the pushchair and strap her in, quickly following them.

"I can't believe you've just done that! Especially in front of all my friends, why would you do that?"

I angrily roll my eyes. "I'd drop the attitude Peri, if I were you." She sighs, mumbling that she didn't even do anything wrong and we both ignore her.

When we get back home, Peri tries to go upstairs but Cameron stops her and tells her to sit on the couch, which she begrudgingly does. "How long has she been asleep?" I ask calmly.

"A-about half an hour maybe." She looks like she's waiting for me to yell at her, but I'm not going to do that with Emma sleeping, especially in the same room.

"You better hope she still sleeps tonight. She's supposed to be in bed by seven." She looks down.

"I've gotta go back to work babe, will you be alright here?" Cameron asks me, kissing my head. I nod and he looks at Peri, telling her to behave before heading out the door.