16

i was making two cups of hot cocoa for me and yong hwa until i heard someone's knocking on my door.

"wait a sec !" i washed my hands and dashed toward the door.

"yon―tae? what are you doing here?"

"where is yong hwa?" he entered my apartment without my approval.

"she's not here."

"what do you mean? you texted me that she's with you."

"yeah,she was with me,but she just left a few minutes ago."

"where did she go?" he asked desperately and ragged his damp golden brown hair.

no wonder yong hwa fall for my brother harder than the bullet could hit a person.

"i'm not telling you." i decided to play with him.

"kim sejeong,i'm serious."

"kim taehyung,i'm also serious." i placed my hands on my hips.

"you never take anything seriously in your life,sejeong. now tell me where the hell is she?"

my eyes widened at his statement and eyed him seriously then walked away.

"never take anything seriously in my life,you said." i slammed the fridge door after taking out an apple.

"yah sejeong,i'm talking to you." he tailed me and i stopped infront of the sink to wash the apple.

"don't talk to me,i will fool you because,like you said,i am not serious." i bite the apple while looking at my brother like a murderer.

"you are creepy as fuck."

"i will tell my mom that you cursed,and mom will tell dad and dad will kick you out of your house and you will be living in this apartment." i bite the apple again and again while looking at taehyung without blinking.

"sejeong-ah,i am sorry for telling you that you never take anything seriously in your life. i mean it." he gulped and looked at me guiltily.

"luckily you apologize,or else i will die right here for not blinking and stare at you." i rubbed my eyes as the stingy feelings started to form when you didn't blink your eyes for a few moments.

taehyung stared at me in disbelief.

"luckily you are my sister,or else―"

"or else what?" i looked at him seriously.

"n-nothing,now tell me where is yong hwa."

"find her by yourself."

then an idea flies across my little brain. i instantly unlocked my phone and scrolled down the music library.

alessia cara―how far i'll go
alicia keys―if i ain't got you
ariana grande―everything
bishop briggs―river [on going]
bts―dna
bts―go go

"i didn't ask you to play the song"

i ignore him and sing along with the music.

"shut your mouth,baby stand and deliver,holy hands gonna make me a sinner,like a river,like a river,shut your mouth and run me like a riv―"

then i heard taehyung mumbled something under his breath.

"shit."

"what?"

after that,i saw him running out of my apartment in the speed of light.

nice! he got the message.

"goodluck,dear brother!"

then i continued singing but this time,i sing and dance.

who cares?

no one is with me.

i know sejeong was playing with me.

i got the clue after she played the song plus her apartment is near a small river.

how can sejeong let her roaming alone in the dark,next to the river? what if there are some creatures that might harm her?

what if the ground that she stepped on is slippery and she might fall into the river?

what if she doesn't know how to swim?

i don't want to lose her or else i will lose my mind.

i quickly ran out of her apartment and run down the stairs instead of elevator.

with this type of mindset,how can i use the elevator. what if i accidentally press the upper floor button instead of pressing the ground floor button.

i don't want to waste my time.

lord gave me two legs so i must use them wisely.

i was panting so hard and i stopped for while to catch my breath.

the sound of rustling of dry leaves caught my attention and i saw a silhouette.

i slowly make my way to that person.

i am ready. yes,i am.

my ears caught the sound of clicking,sound of a lighter.

after a few minutes,i saw a fire. a small fire.

i walked toward her but my steps came into halted as i saw a box.

a box that placed extremely close to a camping fire pit.

"what are you doing,bae yong hwa?"

she snapped her attention from the letter in her hand to me. she looked at me with her widened eyes.

my eyes trailed to the letter in her hand.

a very familiar letter.

slowly,i dragged my feet toward her. only the sound of the rustling dead leaves under feet and the sound of the flowing river can be heard.

"what are you doing?" i whispered under my breath as i approached her.