Supply Closet

She wandered the halls at lunch. She was anxious to the point she had no appetite. There was no way she'd be able to eat anything. She passed small groups of people who were chatting by their lockers, or sitting on the floor eating their lunch. She stared at her feet as she stepped up the stairs. She turned and began to walk down another hall.

Suddenly, she felt a hand grab her forearm and she was quickly pulled into a dark room. She was in a supply closet, and she heard the door click shut. There was complete darkness. She couldn't see anything and she was terrified.

"What the hell?!"

She heard a click, and a dim yellowish light began to shine from a single lightbulb on the ceiling. Sylvie's eyes connected with Nara's.

"Did you mean it?" Nara asked, her face painted with a mixture of worry and anger.

"Did I mean what?" Sylvie questioned.

"Do you really like me, or is this some sick joke?"

"What?"

"Do you actually like me?"

Sylvie shyly looked down at her feet and began to blush.

"You don't! I knew it!" Tears began to prick at her eyes.

"Yeah I do," Sylvie whispered, her head still down.

Nara began to cry. She hadn't heard her.

"You're just like her! She said the same thing! Then she left me," she went to open the door and leave. "Why does this always happen to me?"

Sylvie's hand shot out to stop her. She grabbed her other hand and looked up into her eyes.

"I like you. A lot."

"I... I do too."

"Why would you think I'm lying?"

"Because... because my last girlfriend, she said the exact same thing as you did last night. And... it was a prank."

"That's so screwed up! I'd never do that."

"How do I know?"

"You need to trust me."

"I trusted her and she lied."

"I'm not lying."

"Prove it."

"I will."

Sylvie leaned in, closing her eyes and slowly pressing her lips against Nara's. Nara brought her hand up to cup Sylvie's face. Sylvie felt like she could melt against her hand. Her lips were softer than silk.

The bell rang, an Nara pulled away.

"Come over after school. I'll text you my address."

Nara turned off the light and left the closet as Sylvie stood there in the dark.