Chapter 4 Resenti

He stares at me, mouth slightly open in shock. "What could it be?"

"How would I know? I don't even know how they tracked you!" I say darting past him into the hallway. "There is a gun in the bottom drawer of my desk, stay here!"

I jump inside the elevator and go to the first floor. I open the front door and hold up my hands. "He's not going with you!" I call out to them.

"Like hell he isn't," the officer closest to me says. He pushes past me and tries to get into the house. I grab the back of his shirt and yank him back. He falls down and I kick his face, breaking his nose.

"Hey! You just hurt an officer! Stand back!" Three Officers surround me, guns aimed at my face.

I hold my hand out in front of my face and use one of my powers, telekinesis, to pull the guns out of their hands and throw them across the street. I kick out and break the nearest Officers leg. An arm grabs me from behind and holds me off of the ground. I wrap my legs around his and yank down with my upper body, throwing us forward. I somersault forward and he slams to the ground. The last officer is backing away and talking into his walker talkie. I grab the walker talkie and kick him in the chest. As he falls I listen to the people talking on the other line.

"Unit 5412 do you copy?" The girl on the other line asks. I look at the car and the side reads Unit 5412.

"Um, yeah, we're here." I say in a gruff voice.

"Who is this?" She asks.

"Um," I look at the mans badge. "Officer 34."

"Are you all ok? I thought I heard you signaling for backup," she says.

"No we are fine. Must've pressed the button on accident, sorry," I try to sound calm and steady my ragged breath.

"Ok, we need you at location 5, can you be there in ten minutes?" She asks.

"Um, I'm actually following someone who looks suspicious on the side of the road. We can't right now," I try to come up with an excuse.

"Oh, why didn't you report it?" She asks.

"Well, I am right now. Anyway, I gotta go," I click the walkie talkie off and walk back inside.

I meet Lukis back in my room when I get back inside. "Come on, we have to go, now."

"I'm sorry. I never meant for this to happen," he takes hold of my arm as I try to get past him. "I can just go and tell them that I did it."

"No. It's ok," I smile weakly.

"Where can we go that they won't find us?" He asks.

"To the Cormic Station, duh," I laugh. I look at him. His face is full of confusion. "You're kidding right? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"My family owns a space station. The Sordin Officers can't go up there, we can go there to plan," I say. I walk back into my room and grab a bag. I toss in a few weapons and some clothes. I grab a few of my IDs and badges.

"To plan for what?" Lukis asks standing in the doorway.

"For your little revolution," I smile as he gapes at me. "Stay here."

I run to the elevator and go back down to the files and research floor. Once inside, I grab a few files on Viron's actions as ruler and the file on Lukis's parents death. I shove them into the bag. "Send any files that mention Viron or Lukis Lycant To Cormic Station," I tell the computer in my way out.

"Sending: 15 files to Cormic Station," a robotic voice answers back. I smile and turn off the lights as I get back in the elevator.

. . .

We are finally pulling out of the driveway with Mr. Fori. "Where do you need to go?" He asks.

"486 North Diggard Boulevard," Lukis answers. He looks over at me and I smile as the person on the other side finally picks up the phone.

"Hello?" A voice asks.

"Hey, Ayden! Can you meet us at the Launch site in an hour?" I ask.

"Why? And who is 'us'?" He asks.

"No reason and a friend of mine. He's convinced me," I say into the phone.

"Really? I didn't think anyone could convince you," I hear him laugh. "I'm gonna have to meet this guy."

"Well, then meet us at the launch site and be ready to stay up there for a while," I say. "I gotta go, bye."

I end the call. "Anyone you want to bring? They've got to be able to fight and plan," I ask Lukis handing him the phone.

"Yeah, I'm gonna call Rycker. He's really into sports and is in all honors classes," he says dialing the number. "Hey man, meet us at 7756 Rockfer Road. Pack some clothes and stuff. Yeah you will be there for a while. See you in an hour? Ok bye."

"Is he coming?" I ask.

"Yep, his parents don't care what he does so he is always away from home," Lukis laughs.

He hops out when we pull into the driveway and motions for me to follow. "I don't need to-"

"Come on. You can show me what to wear and what else to bring," he opens the front door and I follow him in.

"Hey, Aunt Cera! I'm home!" He calls out. I follow him down a hallway and he goes into a room I assume is his.

He pulls a duffel bag out of his closet and grabs some jeans and shirts from his drawers. He looks up as a woman appears behind me. "Hi Aunt Cera," he says.

"Hi, who is she?" Aunt Cera asks gesturing to me.

"I'm Res," I smile at her.

"Hello Res," she smiles back and shakes my hand. "Lukis, I got a call from the Sordin Officers today. They're recruiting you. Wait, what are you doing?"

"I know about the Sordin Officers. I'm packing to go right now," he says. "They just called me too, I need to go right away."

"Oh ok. Then what is Res doing here?" She asks narrowing her eyes.

"I'm taking him to the Officers Training Academy," I say.

"Oh. I'll miss you," she pulls Lukis into a hug.

He sighs and hugs her back. "I'll miss you too."

He zips up his duffel bag and looks up at me. "Is there anything else I need?"

"Um, yeah. Is there any sort of ID that you have?" I ask, trying to stand up straight and act like an Officer.

"Here," he says holding up a drivers license and an ID.

"Perfect," I nod. "That's it."

"Ok, well off I go," he smiles at Aunt Cera.

"Bye honey!" She waves at us as we walk out the door.

We climb into the car and sit in silence as we drive to the launch site.