Chapter 2 - Guts

Outfits in the external link

Day One

Day - Outside Atlanta - Survival Camp

Dale was watching the area above the RV.

Amy was walking through the camp with a red bucket, heading toward Lori.

Lori saw her, sitting down on a log. "Any luck?"

Lori held up a gray bowl.

Amy poured mushrooms from the red bucket into the bowl. "How do we tell if they're poison?"

"Uh, there's only one sure way I know of," Lori told her.

"Ask Ari?" Amy asked.

"That's the plan," Lori told her.

They chuckled.

Amy looked around. "Ari."

Ariana was talking to Damion, looking over. "What?"

"Can you come over for a sec?" Amy asked.

Ariana looked at Damion, nodding, turning around, walking toward Lori and Amy.

Lori stood up, looking up at Dale above the RV. "Dale, I'm heading out." She looked toward Sam and Carl. Harley was resting on Carl's lap, licking it's paws. "Sam, watch over your brother for me."

"Got it," Sam told her.

Lori looked at Carl. "Listen to your sister."

"Okay, Mom," Carl told her.

Lori patted Ariana's back, walking past her with the bucket.

"Don't wander too far," Dale told her. "Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll come running."

Lori nodded, turning to walk away. "Yes, Mom."

°~•~°

Woods

Lori walked into the woods, looking for more mushrooms, kneeling down, picking a few.

There were noises of leaves rustle.

Lori stopped, looking around, hearing bird wings flew, looking back to the mushrooms, picking them up, standing, walking forward.

She heard a branch snapping.

Lori stopped, looking around, hearing another bird wings flying, hearing branch snapping again, breathing heavily, thinking that someone is following her, worriedly thinking it was a Walker, looking around.

There was no one there.

Lori turned around.

A hand reached around her mouth, dragging her back, making both Lori and the person fall to the ground.

Lori tried to get away, slowly relaxing when she saw who it was.

Shane was above her, smiling a little. "Shh, shh."

Shane pulled his hand away.

Lori smiled. "You scared the hell out of me."

"I bet," Shane told her. "That's what you get for keeping me waiting. I was trying to be quiet. Where you been?"

"Amy the mushroom Queen, I had to wait for her to get back," Lori told him.

Shane leaned down, kissing her, pulling her to sit, pulling away. "How much time we have?"