you stabbed me, mr. stark

» you stabbed me, mr

» you stabbed me, mr. stark «

 stark «

SCOUT PAXTON SAT IN A RED PLUSH BOOTH WITH A VANILLA MILKSHAKE ON HER LEFT AND A BASKET OF FRENCH FRIES ON HER RIGHT. The fifteen year old was most definitely a believer that food could cure all of the soul's problems. Her mother had been a fan of the same philosophy as well, part of the reason the woman always wished to take over Nani's bakery. She always said a good meal, or even a good snack, was a temporary cure all. After all, you couldn't make reasonable decisions when you're hungry, and there should be no condemnation for those who indulge themselves with sweets and savors.

Two days had passed since Scout's return to school, and her friends had given up on pestering her about where she'd been. In their minds, there was no where Scout could've been that would be completely out of the blue; the possibility that she was a superhero fighting alongside Captain America in Europe was a thought that would never cross their minds. And so they all moved onto other things, lighter topics, such as homework and freshmen drama and speculating how many unibrow hairs the algebra teacher had.

It was now a Wednesday afternoon, and the group sat in their favorite diner, Metro. It arguably had the best fries in all of New York, and it was one of Scout's guilty pleasures. She felt like it had been forever since she was able to sit down with her friends and simply enjoy her time as a teenager. This past year, her life had been filled with so much fighting and heartbreak and discovery, she hardly felt like a regular high school student. It was nice to occasionally step away from the masks and the criminals and the overlying pressure of the world around her to grab a milkshake with her friends.

Across from Scout sat Gwen and Harry. Over the course of the past several weeks, the two had grown more and more close to each other. Scout never would've thought that two of her best friends would fall for each other. She had known Gwen for as long as she could remember, having grown up with her since their first day of kindergarten. And she had lived across the hallway from Harry, being not just neighbors but also friends until she had to move in with her grandparents. Gwen and Harry's intimacy had started off small, but grew as time went on. It was so obvious they liked each other now, telling from the way Harry had his arm around her waist as they sat in the booth, but Scout had nearly missed the early on signs. She faintly remembered Gwen mentioning him here and there as more than just a pal, but Scout was too caught up in her own personal problems to truly notice their budding relationship.