Buggy Ball

My (e/c) orbs woke up to a beautiful blue sky, and the waves softly lapping at the hull of the rowboat. Sadly that's not the reason I woke up; a certain Gum Gum Devil Fruit user woke me up by whining about how there was no food.

A sigh escaped my body and leaned against the edge of the boat. Zoro was still sleeping on the bottom. " (Y/N) make me food~", Luffy whined once again.

" Sorry Luffy, but I don't have anything to cook, much less a place to cook it. So be quiet please.", I said as I got a piece of cloth out to clean my Flintlock.

Gunpowder covered the whole front of it, so carefully I dipped it in the sea water, trying not to get it on me. Not noticing a certain Marimo waking up.

"Where are we?", Zoro asked while rubbing his eyes. I simply shrugged and Luffy just grinned his signature grin, " I don't know. Ask (Y/N)."

" Why the hell would you say that Luffy! I'm one of the worst people you can ask for directions. You know that", I half heartedly glared at him( we all know that no one can stay mad at Luffy for long)

Suddenly Zoro and Luffy's stomachs growl and in unison they whine," I'm sooo hungry~" The two guys look to me and I facepalm at them.

" Again I said I don't have any food!", I snapped they shrunk back not wanting a mad female," Anyways, how long until you guys think we reach land?"

Zoro peeked an eye open," Don't know, we'll just follow the wind until we do."

"Are we there yet?" Luffy whined.

" No not now."

The Marimo glanced toward the sea," Someday"

I shifted against the side of the rowboat and gave a relaxed smile. " Don't you think it's weird that you want to be the Pirate King yet you have no sailing skills.( Like you can do any better Zoro) I'm always following the wind.", Zoro explained.

" So you get paid for roaming the sea?", Luffy asked with a blank expression.

" I'm on the sea for a man. Then I got off track", he said and I smiled, knowing very much about being directionally challenged.

" Tell me about it..", I muttered quite audibly. Out of the corner of my eye I could've sworn Zoro smirked.

" So to survive I hunted pirates, for their rewards."

Luffy smiled his signature grin and bluntly stated," So you're lost!"

" Shut Up!! You're lost!!", the Marimo yelled at the dense captain, knocking his precious straw hat off of his head. We all freaked out as it started to fly in the wind. Running to the back of the boat, Zoro finally caught the hat, and handed it to Luffy.

" Shanks", the raven haired boy muttered as he placed it on his head again," He gave me this hat and told me to protect it. He also told me, that when I become a great pirate, I would be able to give it back to him."

Flashback

It was quite a day in Foosha village. First, Luffy stabbed himself under the eye with a knife to prove he was strong enough. Secondly, he kept bugging Shanks to let him join his crew to become a pirate at Makino's little bar.

Luffy reached for Shanks' straw hat with grabby hands. He swatted the raven's hands away from the hat.

" This thing has been with me through many of my battles", he smiled gently at Luffy," It's very important to me. I wouldn't give it up to anyone, not even you."