Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"Look who it is." I mumbled under my breath.

"Where's your lawyer?" Fiona asked him.

"In labor, crapping out a kid. I'm representing myself." He answered, smirking slightly. 

"Well, I got some bad news." Fiona said, stepping closer to him.  "Aunt Ginger passed away."

"Yeah, so?" 

"And it looks like she left me the house." Fiona said smugly. I met Ian's eyes and smiled, knowing exactly where this was gonna go. 

"What did you do?" asked Frank, his voice growing low with concern.

Fi shrugged.

"Only what I had to. How about a thank you? Now there's no danger of hauling you away for Social Security fraud. No more checks to cash either." She answered. I almost laughed, since Frank was indeed guilty for cashing dead Aunt Ginger's checks and pretending she was still alive. 

"Fuck you very much." He gritted his teeth.

"Always about the money, isn't it?" 

"Hey, work this out inside. That's why we're here." A suited man who I assumed to be my sister's lawyer said now, stepping in between the both of them.

Frank gave Fiona one last glare, then stormed into the courtroom.

"Fiona!" We heard a familiar voice call. We looked towards the shout and saw Carl and Debbie running around the corner right towards us. The CPS worker who separated us originally was right behind them also, carrying Liam on her hip. 

"Hi! I missed you so much!" Fiona said as Carl ran into her arms. 

"Debs, oh my god!" I said as she came towards me. I knelt down to hug her, and she threw her arms around my neck. 

"Missed you." She mumbled into my hair. I teared up slightly, but controlled myself. I never realize how much I truly love my siblings until we are torn apart. 

We pulled away and I smiled at her. 

"Missed you more." 

Then, I gave Carl a noogie and Liam a kiss on the cheek as all my brothers and sisters reunited quickly. 

As we were about to file into the courtroom, I heard someone call my name. I turned and saw Zack standing there. 

I smiled.

"You came!" I breathed. 

He returned my smiled as I ran to him and kissed him square on the lips. We pulled away after a few seconds and he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"No way in hell I wasn't gonna be here for you today." 

I wrapped my arms around his waist and breathed in the smell of his cologne. I could've cried, I was so grateful he was here. I barely had access to a phone, but when I did, I was able to call him and tell him what was going on. And he already knew about my home situation, so it wasn't hard to get him to believe me. I was more nervous than I was letting on, even though I had a good feeling about the case, so I was glad he was here.