with great fanart comes great ideas

ابدأ من البداية

She immediately felt like she didn't belong. She was brought to a small office space, although there was no privacy for the "cubicle" walls were made of glass, allowing her to see everything going on it the large floor of the building. People dressed in Task Force uniforms strolled freely in and out of offices. Each Avenger sat at a table by themselves, and there were TV screens in each room that showed Bucky in his powerful holding cell. He was set to be examined by a psychiatrist in a few minutes, and frankly, Scout didn't know what was going to happen to her. She didn't want to be sent home, she wanted to help.

Minutes prior, Sam had come over and placed a blank piece of paper and a pen in front of her, telling her she could color to entertain herself. She had told him she was fifteen and didn't color to entertain herself, and he simply had answered with a 'No, you're twelve.' When he had turned his back and left, she rolled her eyes, reluctantly grabbing the paper and pen and beginning to sketch. She started with a circle, and then added a body and arms and legs. Before she knew it, she had added eyes and a measles little spider logo to the chest area. She set the pen down, looking at her childish doodle and sighing, placing her chin in her hand.

"I am sorry about your face," A voice said from the doorway. Scout recognized the accent and looked up to see the King of Wakanda standing several feet away. "I never wanted to hurt you. I suppose my vengeance blinded me."

"It's just a few scratches." Scout's fingers traced the edge of her bandages. She felt like T'Challa's apology was sincere. "Those are some sharp claws."

"The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations," T'Challa explained, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. "When my father died, I had no choice but to become the new warrior."

"I think that's very honorable." Scout said, placing her hands in her lap.

He nodded, but there was still a small fire in his eyes. "You are quite the fighter. Not many can do what you do, especially at your age. You have passion in you," He straightened up, taking a step back. "But remember that I am passionate too. I don't want to make enemies, but anyone who stands between me and the man who killed my father is no friend to me."

And with that, T'Challa left, having the last word and leaving Scout to her own devices. She groaned, leaning back in her chair. Great, now I've angered the King of Wakanda. Fantastic, she thought. Sighing, she returned to sketching on her piece of paper.

Several offices away, Steve and Tony were in the midst of a discussion. "I don't mean to make things difficult-" Steve told him.

"Oh yes, because you're a very polite person." Tony interrupted, motioning for him to continue.

Steve ignored his comment. "-But if I see a situation pointed south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't," Tony countered. He shook his head. "Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't want to see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far nothing's happened that can't be undone if you just sign." Tony pleaded with Steve, wanting him to sign the accords desperately to prevent any further conflict. He motioned towards the pen he had laid down in front of him earlier, silently begging for Steve to comply. "We can make the last twenty-four hours legit. Barnes get transferred to an American Psych-center instead of a Wakandan Prison."

Steve sighed, staring at the pen in front of him. All he wanted was for his old friend back, the Bucky he knew when he was a teenager. The Bucky that would knock on his door every Sunday afternoon and ask him to go grab milkshakes with him. The Bucky that came to Steve with new girl problems every week, the same Bucky that would try so hard to set Steve up with a lady of his own. The Bucky that had to constantly remind him to bring his inhaler and tried to convince him not to join the war. But most of all, he wanted Bucky to be safe. Free from HYDRA, free from his own mind. It pained him deeply to see him constantly depicted as a killer when he couldn't control it. He was a victim, he was helpless when it came to his actions. But apparently, Steve was the only one who could see that.