beginning

"Trish.Wake up. Trish. Wake up. Trish. Wake up.... "

I shot up my bed and leaned over to the side of my bed to grab my eyeglasses and turn off my alarm. Something bright caught my eye so I glanced over to the other side.

"Aughh..... " It looks like I forgot to close the curtains last night because right now, I'm regretting it.

"My eyes....", I groaned.

I rubbed my eyes and started my normal morning.
I wore my favorite light green blouse that's really comfy and flowy with a pair of jeans and converse shoes because those are really comfy too and since I'm 5'6, I can't really wear heels. Plus, I'm extremely clumsy.

"The start of school. Hope it turns out okay...", I said.

I went down the stairs to have breakfast and found my seat. In front of me were a plate of pancakes with chocolate syrup , bacon, eggs and slices of apples cut into cute bunnies.

"You didn't need to prepare me breakfast. I could've just grabbed some pb and j toast and gone off to school.", I said while eating my stack of pancakes.

"Well, you can't start the first day of school with some lame breakfast. 'Breakfast is the most important meal of the day'. ", Chris exclaimed as he sat down to eat with me.

I rolled my eyes. "Lame.",I continued. "I still have an hour left before school starts. But you have to go to work don't you?", I asked.

"Even if I am going to be late, I'd still make my dear baby sister a breakfast.", He replied, in his baby-ish tone. "Now we better get going. Better safe than sorry."

I glanced at the time. One hour. "Aughhh fine.", I groaned.

I grabbed my bag. "Let's go."