3

Chapter 3

I walked into the club in a pair of black high waisted leather shorts with lace up sides, a tight white long sleeve off the shoulder crop top and black Giuseppe Zanotti strappy heels. My long, naturally wavy, dark brown hair was pulled up in a high ponytail and the only makeup I had on was a faint amount of mascara to make my hazel green eyes pop. As I walked through the club on the search for Jose, someone grabbed my arm as I walked past them and pulled me close to them. 

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" The guy smirked as his hand traveled up my arm and planted itself on my shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, I'm actually meeting someone-"

"Shhh!" The man hissed into my ear and I tried to push him off me but the guy grabbed my hand, staring into my eyes. "I asked if anyone ever told you how beautiful you are." He gritted through his teeth. "Come on baby, answer the question!" He smirked, moving closer to me. Just as his lips were about to make contact with the skin on my neck, I felt large figure wrap it's arm around my waist as I closed my eyes. The hand on my shoulder quickly dropped and I opened my eyes to see the man who at one time seem so evil look so guilty. 

"I'm sorry man, I guess I just thought it was a dream!" The guy nervously laughed as I looked up to see the familiar face that saved me earlier this morning. "I'm not surprised that such an amazing player like you managed to get such an amazing girl!" The guy gulped and Jose laughed, rolling his eyes as he guided me away from the man.

"What is your problem little Mattingly?" Jose laughed softly and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I looked up at Jose.

"I don't know!" I sighed, following Jose into the roped off area. "Thank you for saving me twice in one day! I owe you big time Fernandez!" I smirked and Jose laughed, nodding his head. 

"I have just the way mia amiga!" He laughed, leading me over to the bar. "Do you see those two big lugs of pure sweetness over there?" He pointed to an extremely tall and muscular guy who was standing next to the familiar Christian from earlier. 

"Ya?" I mumbled, looking into Jose's bright eyes. 

"Both of them are hopeless when it comes to love! As their brother and as your best friend, I know that one of those two men is the man of your dreams!" He smirked and I laughed, shaking my head. 

"You want me to hook up with your teammates who are also apart of what my father considers to be his better family?" I crossed my arms and Jose shook his head. 

"Logan, I'm asking you to do quite the opposite!" Jose looked into my eyes. "Logan, I've known you for what, a year now?" Jose sighed and I nodded, looking over at the big frame of Christian and the even bigger frame of the guy next to him. "Now, the entire time I've known you I've been stuck on babysitting duty! I'm the only person your father trusts with you! Do you know what that means?" He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. "Logan, I know everything about you! You want an athletic guy who you can relate to. You also want someone who's charismatic, charming, handsome, funny, and most importantly someone who can make you smile even when you don't think it's possible! Now, I know that you just lost Jason but those two lugs over there, one of them is going to be the man you marry. I just know it! Now, which one it is, I'm not sure, that's up to you!" Jose smirked and I gulped, looking over at the two men. "You're up to bat now little Mattingly, what are you going to do? Are you going to let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game?" 

"That was good!" I smiled, patting Jose's hand. "But, I'm going to need a couple drinks before I go over there!" I smirked and Jose clapped, waiving the bartender over. 

"Now THAT is what I'm talking about little Mattingly!" He laughed loudly making me laugh.