1

Chapter 1

"Hello miss, may I help you?" The man at the front desk smiled brightly as I walked over to him, a tray of coffees in my hand. I smiled brightly and walked over to him in my tight black long sleeve shirt that was tucked into my high waisted denim shorts. My long, dark brown hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and the only makeup I had on was a faint amount of mascara making my hazel green eyes pop against my sun kissed skin.

"I am actually looking for Don Mattingly's office!" I smiled, fixing the black Long Champ bag that was handing from my arm.

"May I ask why?" The guard smirked as he stood up and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Mr. Mattingly is my father!" I sighed, smiling softly as the guy looked at me strangely.

"Mr. Mattingly has a daughter as beautiful as you and he keeps you hidden?" He smirked, leaning against his desk as he looked me up and down and i just stood their awkwardly. "You're a model, aren't you?" He gulped and I laughed softly, nodding my head. "And an actress!" He gasped and I nodded as I blushed.

"Yeah, I am actually!" I giggled, sticking out my one hand as I balanced the tray of coffees in my other hand. "Logan Mattingly!" I smiled and the guard shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you Logan, I'm Jeff!" He smirked, licking his lips as he continued to look my up and down. "What are you doing tonight?" He clicked his tongue against the top of his mouth and I laughed nervously, my face turning red as I looked into the guys bright eyes.

"I'm pretty busy I mean, I'm here to visit my dad and-"

"And this is my girlfriend!" A familiar voice chuckled as I felt an arm wrap around me.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Jose! I didn't know you two were a thing and I'm so sorry!" The guard nervously fixed his shirt as he stood up straight. "I'm assuming you'll show her to Mr. Mattingly's office?" Jeff gulped nervously and Jose nodded, taking the tray of coffees from me as he hugged me with the one arm he had wrapped around me.

"Yes sir! Don't worry about it Jeff, no hard feelings!" Jose smirked before walking me through a set of double doors leading to a long hallway.

Jose was one of the only men on the team I truly knew. I've never gotten the opportunity to come visit my father and when I have visited him in the past it was during spring training and I made sure to visit when it was just pitchers and catchers. Also, none of the guys truly knew who I was! My father, being a former baseball player himself, hated the idea of me ever dating a baseball player let alone having it be one of his own guys!

"Little Mattingly, you're far from home now aren't you?" Jose smirked as he took his arm off of me and I laughed softly, nodding my head.

"I guess I am now aren't I!" I giggled, looking up in Jose's bright eyes. "How are you?" I smiled and he shrugged, looking forward.

"I'm alright!" He sighed, smiling as he looked back down at me. "The real question is how are you?" He smirked and I laughed, shaking my head.

"I'm alright!" I smiled.

"Now what are you doing in Miami Logan?" Jose gulped and I cleared my throat, looking down at my feet.

"Well, Jason um, he died overseas." I sniffled, looking up at Jose.

"I'm so sorry Loges!" He gasped and I smiled softly, shaking my head.

"It's not your fault but thank you!" I sighed, placing my hand on his arm.

"Nobody deserves to lose someone that close to that at such a young age!" He gulped and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Jose, you're 3 months older than I am!" I smiled and he nodded.

"I know but still!" He sighed, wrapping his arm around me. "I'm always here for you Logan!" He smirked and I just smiled softly as Jose led me into the clubhouse.