EIGHT.

·.·•·.·

           HER HANDS WERE SHAKING SLIGHTLY as she helped Ethan pack small pencils into nerf darts. The group had spent the day preparing themselves for the small vampire battle ahead. A day of collecting holy water and Sarah teaching the group some basic fighting and stabbing skills.

      The two very different teens sat on Ethan's bed in pure silence. They were both nervous and the friendship with them was still new. Lorelei would never admit it but they were friends and Ethan was always so nervous to say the wrong thing to the girl.

"You're going to be okay you know." He blurted out seeing her shake putting pencils in.

     This was the first time in a while she had looked up at him. She laughed dryly. "Thanks." Was all she said cause she didn't have the heart to tell him that she was worried about him. She just had this strong urge to protect him and make sure he was okay, it was probably the kicked puppy look he always had but with all the weird things going on in this town she wasn't too worried.

         "Hey Ethan!" Came Jane's voice saving the teens from farther conversation. "Whatcha doing?" The girl said peaking her head in before fully coming in and looking curiously at the project the two had on his bed.

"Jane? You ever hear of privacy?" Ethan asked as his younger sister sat down next to Lorelei.

"What did you do to your blaster?" She ignored her older brother taking the blaster gun from Lorelei's hands looking at it curiously. "What?" She asked looking at the pencils and nerf darts.

"Put them down." Ethan said taking them from her hands. "It's for a project. For school."

         Jane looked to Lorelei then back to Ethan. "Look you know how this works: either you tell me, or I tell mom everything that happened last week. Everything." She looked to the two teens making Lorelei's eyes go wide.

"Ethan." Lorelei said.

"Ugh fine!" He groaned. "Benny, Lor and I are going to see that new vampire movie thing tonight and no you can't come it's after your bedtime and it's rated PG. " he explained.

Jane pouted. "So you two are going to leave me with Benny's grandma again? No way!"

               Ethan groaned again. "Come on Jane. Work with me here!"

        Just then Mrs. Morgan came in wearing a very flashy blue dress and smiling at the kids. "Hey we're headed out." She said smiling at the kids who tried to act normal. "We won't be out as long as last time Lori."

"Wow mommy you look so pretty."  Jane smiled sweetly.

          "Thank you sweetie." She said before looking down at the contents on Ethan's bed. "Is this a school project?" She asked and the teens nodded their heads muttering yes.

        She nodded before leaving and the two turned back to Jane.  "Come on Ethan give her something she's not my sister." Lorelei argued.

            "I'm listening. Make this good." She said waiting for Ethan to speak.

"Uh I'll do dishes for a month." He stuttered out. "I'll do your math homework and I'll play dance dance revolution with you?"