Finding the Second Chance

Authors note:

vote /feedback? how do you like it so far? let me know(:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All day he's been on my mind. And by him, I mean the cute Irish boy from yesterday. I don't even know his name, and here I am sitting alone in some cafe, thinking about him. How more loser ish can I get.

Getting up to pay for my coffee and donut, I suddenly spot a very handsome boy sitting in the corner alone. He had very dark brown hair, if I'm not mistaken, I think it was black. With light brown eyes, and beautiful eyelashes. Ripping my gaze from him, I slapped my money on the counter and began to walk up to him. Wow, I've already made two moves, on two DIFFERENT boys.

"Hey." I said softly, sliding into the both, taking a seat in front of him. I nervously began twisting my hair with my fingers.

"Hi." He responded, not even looking up. "You're very beautiful."

In confusion I furrowed my eyebrows. He didn't even look up?

"How could you possibly know that? You haven't even looked up to see my face yet."

"The way you spoke to me gave it away." He said, finally glancing up. "And look at that, I seem to have been correct."

I felt my face heat up, and quickly put my left hand to rest on my cheek, giving me support to lean on the table.

"Well arn't you the charmer?" I teased, giving him my best smile.

"I guess you could say that" He teased back, giving me a small wink.

I lightly chuckled. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled it out. Answering a text from my friend Tom I realized it was 6:18, I had to be home in an hour, my brother was coming from England to visit, and I was truly excited.

"Well I should probably get going." I said casually. Picking up my bag, and starting to stand up.

"Why so soon?" He asked giving me a small pout. " You seem like a pretty fun girl."

"My brothers coming from England." I told him, flashing him a small grin.

"Why would he leave England to come to New York?" He asked, turning his nose upwards.

"He lives there, He's my half brother, I haven't seen my dad since I was about 6, but me and my brother have been keeping in touch the last 3 years. My dad had him with some other women before he met me, and had Blake. Then he met my mom and had me. Kind of complicated I guess." I explained.

"No, not really. I get it." He said giving me a smile. " Here's my number. Yours to keep."

"How generous of you." I said in a flirty tone. I could get used to doing this more often.

"Well I'm a very generous guy." He replied.

"It was great meeting you." I said before I started to walk away.

Today was a pretty good day.