The Rules

The rules I am about to share are extremely important because if you break any of them you will be disqualified. Please read them thoroughly before messaging either of us with questions and concerns. Thank you :-)

1: You may ONLY enter stories that you wrote yourself, plagiarism of any kind will get you disqualified IMMEDIATELY. You may NOT enter stories for your friends, these stories will be declined and will not be judged.

2. You may enter up to THREE stories in this contest, but only ONE  in each category.

3. If your story is entered in the wrong category, it WILL NOT be judged.

4. There are TEN SPOTS open for each category (remember there are many categories under both General Fiction, Fanfiction, and Other. That's a lot of entries so please bear with us) There may be an exception to this rule based on judges.

5. Each book must have AT LEAST five chapters to participate, more is acceptable, less is not. *There is only one exception to this rule, and that is if you have a short story. 

6. You MUST follow all of the judges in your category, as well as this account. You don't have to keep this book in your library but it is suggested. (Please note: prizes will not be awarded to anyone not following their judges or this account.)

7. Please, only stories that are in English. (Sorry for this requirement)

8: No multimedia stories, this is a writing contest.

9: Stories that contain any banned topics WILL be disqualified immediately. (ie 1.) Blood insest 2.) Sensualized rape 3.) Sex between a minor and an adult 4.) Sensualization of mental disorders, suicide, cutting, etc.) There will be NO exception to this rule.

*Sensualization is over glorifying. If your character suffers from these things and it's portrayed in an accurate and respectful way that doesn't promote these struggles then it's acceptable, but inaccurate portrayals of mental illness where the person suffering is "saved" by a love interest or these components are thrown in for cheap drama will not be judged but eliminated IMMEDIATELY.

10. You must be at least 13 years old to join the contest (that's how old you have to be to have a Wattpad account).

11. If your username is changed (this applies to both entrants and judges) you will be disqualified, unless you notify one of us BEFORE you change your username.

12. The secret word is "Icarus" (This is important, I promise).

These rules are for both judges and entrants, please read them and if you have any concerns, please DM this account or the other one previously tagged (allthelovelylights).