wedding day

The tension couldn't be cut with an obsidian sword.

Anne was no where to be seen. Although Harry and she had made up, she wasn't comfortable coming knowing what she knew.

Louis felt awkward, his navy suit fitting almost too perfectly in the venue full of close families. None of Alex's guests had shown. The wedding was small.

His nerves were shocked, the wedding march beginning. Harry stood in front a small podium, an officiant looking bored. Louis couldn't deny: he looked beautiful.

Louis kept his head down, gripping Liam and Niall's hands as Alex walked down. Her face was flat, but she still looked beautiful.

"I can't," Louis whispered quietly into Liam's ear. "I-I" Louis slipped, yet again, tears welling in his eyes and whimpering out, "I want my daddy back, please," quietly.

Liam wraps his arms around Louis tightly. When they sit and Alex takes Harry's hands in hers, Liam tugs Louis into his lap. "Bubby, you don't have a daddy, love bug," Liam soothes by rubbing his hands across Louis' back. The officiant begins speaking vows.

Louis cries into Liam's shoulder. He knows he's being loud but he can't help it as Harry continually looks over to them sadly.

"I'm sorry." Harry's voice was loud over the officiant and the silent guests. "I'm sorry but I can't do this."

The guests stayed silent, everyone looking at each other and soon whispers began. Louis fought the urge to look up: he had no idea what was happening.

Alex audibly sighed loudly. She rolled her eyes, her arms dropping lazily, the flowers falling flat. "I knew this would happen," she smiles sassily.

"I have a baby boy to take care of right now and I'm so sorry but this just won't work," Harry informed. He stepped down from the stage, rushing over to Liam to grab at Louis. He struggled a bit to pick the thick boy up from Liam's lap but carefully carried the short boy out of the room. Louis nuzzled into his neck, whispering "daddy" consistently, kissing at Harry's neck occasionally.

"It's okay, I've got you," Harry soothed, hands running over Louis' back. He took the boy upstairs into his room. He laid him down on the bed carefully before unbuttoning his blazer and pants to help the small man into pajamas. "So beautiful," Harry whispered, kissing Louis' skin tenderly. "Love you so much," he mumbled. Louis giggled and nodded happily before rubbing his eyes with his fists. "Time for nap, bubby?" Harry questioned, stripping down to boxers and going Louis under the covers. He curled into Louis timidly, holding the boy tight.

•••

Alex announced that the wedding had no become a small get together with friends and family.

"I hope Harry doesn't hurt him," Johanna revealed to Liam worriedly while Niall was getting drinks.

"Yeah, but I'm happy this isn't lasting as long. Niall and I wanted to see Griffin today," Liam confessed. Griffin and Niall had been the only things going through Liam's mind constantly.

Jay was silent, looking at her son pointedly. "You're sure you want a child?" Her eyebrows raised accusingly.

Liam looked at her, completely confused. "Yes? That's why I'm doing this with Niall," he confirmed. He didn't understand what Jay didn't.

"I'd think you'd wait until you really thought about it, that's all."

Liam saw red. No one was going to talk about his family like this. He attempted to calm himself down, reminding himself this was his mother and wouldn't do well if Liam yelled at her in front of all of these top-of-the-line people. "Mum, of course I'm ready. I couldn't wait if I wanted to."

"And why not? Is Niall forcing you to do this? Does he know you wouldn't be the best father?" She snapped.

"I would be a great father!" Liam snapped, "I can't wait because Griffin's parents are trying to get him back and if I don't get my act together to adopt him, I'll be stuck without a son who I love and adore with my husband who would also be a great father." Liam's dominant voice was rising. "Now, my question to you. When did you act like dad when it came to your children wanting things?" Jay gasped, eyes full of hurt. "Exactly. Don't claim I'll be a bad father." Liam commanded. Johanna sighed and nodded, fully understanding where she went wrong.