Chapter 6. Filling in the Blanks

Start from the beginning

When she knocked on the door, she was met by the cutest school-boy face she'd ever seen. 

"You must be Nong'Farm."

Farm pulled the door open, he was smiling, nodding and making a wai, all at the same time. "Yes, I'm Farm. Please come in."

He stepped back and let the beautiful girl walk in.

She was glancing around at the richly over-decorated foyer and snapping her gum. 

She put her attention back to the boy. "Ah, I'm sorry, let me introduce myself, my name is Yihwa."

She didn't make a wai, instead, she reached out and shook his hand. It was firm and friendly, then,  she bent the fingers slightly in the fashion of one expecting a kiss.

Poor Farm, he half bent and was ready to do it. His lips were puckered before she let him off the hook and pulled her hand away.

"I bet you're wondering how I know your name."

Farm giggled. He already liked her, whoever she was, she was funny. "Yes, how did you know?"

"I'm Knock's friend, I've known him forever.  And, you're Nong'Farm his neighbour in Sathorn, your dad is a real estate broker. See, I know all about you."

"Oh." Farm looked amazed. She reached and pinched his cheek with a friendly smile.

His own smile disappeared from his face. "Oh no,  P',  I'm so sorry,  P'Knock left over two hours ago, he's not here."

She felt bad for Farm, he seemed so concerned that she'd come to visit and, the person she was there to see was gone. This also meant that her timing wasn't that great. Knock could be back any minute.

"Don't worry Nong'Farm, I'm not here to see Knock, I'm here to see Bright, where is he?"

Farm thought, the "don't worry" part,  came with a kind voice.

The "where is he?" part,  sounded like business.

"He's just upstairs, P'Yihwa, I can get him for you." Farm was smiling at her again and already moving.

Yihwa slung her handbag over her shoulder and removed her sunglasses.

"You do that cutie, I'll wait right here."

Bright was completely clueless as Farm described the girl waiting for him downstairs. The lad was tugging at his arm. "C'mon P', don't make her wait, she's really nice."

Farm could feel Bright's hesitation when they walked out to the landing and he looked down to see her standing there.

Since Bright seemed to be slow, Farm let go and hurried down. "P'Yihwa, can I get you something cold to drink?  Or maybe you would like tea,  we have cookies too."

He'd stepped right up in front of her. Yihwa smiled, bent slightly and kissed his cheek. "You're sweet, thank you, but no. Nong, please don't think I'm rude, but I want to talk to your boyfriend alone for just a minute, I won't keep him long, I promise sweetie. Is that ok?"

Yihwa's tone and voice were sugar-coated with the adoration of his cinnamon brown eyes.

"Ah, um, my boyfriend?"

Yihwa used her thumb to brush the bright red lipstick she'd just planted on him. It mixed in with the pink that was already there.

Bright gagged a bit on his own tongue. He was still navigating the stairs and could see that Yihwa had charmed Farm completely. The boy looked like the cobra in the basket, and, the piper playing the flute was Yihwa. Farm was simply entranced.