Chapter 2 : The Awakeining

• Dedicated to Chase Gambill

Now back to our unsuspected heroes they had done all in their power to help the baby but it was not worth a try she was gone. And as they jumped into Chase's truck the radio started to become more an enemy than that beast inside the stadium. It told the line that will describe this voyage "Were under attack."

 Which made many sparks go off in Athena's head the first:I have to get a gun which was truly terrible because she would never hurt a fly let alone a human being. While Chase was caught up in his own thoughts his only thought was a pitiful one: If the world is turned into zombies i get to steal from anyone i want of course he did this anyway but it was the thought that counted.

 And they decided on one fact they had to find any survivors which meant first to Bradford, Ohio and then Athena's Birthplace Sterling, Virgina. But as they started their trek it struck them it was very hard to find a good gun store these days. But they did but a a cost it took them 100 miles off their course. And when they made it to Wichita, Kansas they arrived at a little gun store that wasn't much more than a lowly shack.

And then it happened the zombies bombarded them at least 30 of them and that's a lesson to be learned quickly stay in shape. They chased the couple around the parking lot until Athena had a stroke of genious she would lure them to the gas station where she would pour gasoline on the ground to ignite the foes. When she told her greatest friend he had the same response that every sane male would have in that predicament "Whacha you talking about Willis." But he agreed and as Athena made her plan spring to life as she poured the gas.

As Chase rushed to her she noticed the beasts were gaining on him. So she did what every wife would do in that situation she yelled at him to run faster. As Chase passed the edge of the Sea of Black she struck a match and her blazing brilliance had prevailed. As they got their gun they went to the Holiday Inn where the rooms were $102 off their original price of $102. They rested their weary minds in thoughts that tomorrow their quest would be eaiser but they had no idea they weren't even close to what was about to happen.