intro: the hero

It was grimy and the walls were covered with a slick moss that expansed over the whole interior of the Temple Qou'bei. It was a hot and muggy day for an August Festival. The Sensei was a short stump of a man, watching Satisotoe from the corner of the room. The temple was very small, an open cavity greeted grasslands with lush plants standing 10 feet tall to provide shade. It mimicked a forest, where wild things came from.

The temple was the color of a blind man's eyes'; milky white; that, depending on the color of his eye. But Sensei was blind himself, and his eyes were as white as milk dripping from the plant of a honeysuckle singlet. At least, on the outside was it this color. On the inside, various species of moss invaded the four walls, which acted as a color all in itself. The temple had a doorway, but did not have doors, so a gap strewn scattered morning light from the sun into the darkness.

"Sing the song, it is almost sunrise retreating. Time is fickle to us!"

Satisotoe sat cross legged, while Sensei made himself visible as he walked closer to her, leaning on his cane, "Now, Satisotoe, while there is still high time in the intensity of the light!" Satisotoe was dressed in a large robe, white and gold trimmed. There was a pocket hidden in the inside of the linens. Inside the pocket was a rotary used to control the intensity of the sun's light. Today of all days, this device worked best, only on this day; when the song would be sung. On no other day would this device be of use.

"Satisotoe!-" Sensei's voice escalated, but she held up the rotary, taking it out of her pocket, "Patience, Sensei, pardon my manners; the song must be sung carefully!" Sensei nodded in approval, bending down to sit next to her.

From outside, several bees were pollenating trees and flowers; their aromas glided with the wind, into the temple, creating a luscious mood. Lavender, oak, wood... The birds' were flying, happily flittering outside the temple, resting on the post Sensei made for them. The squirells were chittering to one another; it is a good day to be with Mankind, one said to another, the other chittered approvingly. Suddenly, as if all at once, the sun's brightness became increased, but not dramatically. The sun seemed to wonder, oh, again, am I to shine as if in sunrise?

As the rotary was being dialed to the appropriate setting for sunrise, Satisotoe prepared herself, her eyes set on the garden to the right of her. Sensei looked up at the sun, moving slightly to adjust the dialer in his hands. He smiled, putting the rotary down, "Sunrise again; we must not be hasty, but there are so much only light exposure. Please, Satisotoe, sing!"

And she sang, with the voice of honey trodden maple syrup; she sang. She sang loud and consistently, powerful enough to bring all of Creation to the temple, just to hear her song. The Song. After the light retreated, Creations dislodged and Sensei, who was once listening intently, now slinked away to the back of the room fast asleep, Satisotoe stopped singing, for the song had finished. She slowly gave way to her feet, standing up in a ceramonial grace.

"Satisotoe"

It seemed to be coming from the temporal forest, so she went there, her feet hitting the earth softly. She breathed deeply and exited into the leafy outside, pushing past overgrowths. She seemed to be looking for something; a person, perhaps.

---

He lay there, in the middle of the foret and he did not know where or who we was, only that there was a Song in his heart. And then, after he remembered the Song, he remembered the Singer, her name was smooth on his tongue, "Satisotoe".

He was the age of 6, his name was Dailonne, but he did not know that, only the Singer did, and when she found him, that is the first thing she said.

"Dailonne!" Satisotoe found the child on his back, she went close to him and knelt down, lifting him up, "Sensei, Sensei, I found the child!!!"

As she ran inside the temple with him in her arms, she headed to the back, where Sensei was. Sensei's eyes opened like a gunshot, his stone formation becoming undone, he turned his head to look at Satisotoe with the child in her arms, "Ah, Dailonne... yes, yes, his face is perfectly aligned to yours!" and as he said this, he felt a hand to Satisotoe's cheek. She smiled, "Do you think so?" Sensei nodded and focused again on the child, taking his hands off her cheek and clothing him with his magic. He looked at Satisotoe, "What do you see?"

Satisotoe looked up from the child, "Oh! I see a pauper, a commoner." Sensei nodded, content with his doings, "Remember, again, at high noon, you are to come back here and sing the second verse. If you fail to do so, your life, as well as Dailonne's, will be finished. As for me; I will remain here, but I will die shortly after you. Now go!"

Satisotoe nodded and took Dailonne by the hand, leading him outside. Dailonne looked at his new setting and asked lots of questions: where was he, how old did he become, where his parents were; if she was his mother, and if so, where his father was; what were these critters called, and whether the ball of light was ever going to fall out of the sky or not. After all the questions - Satisotoe tried her best to answer them. She said he was in Duzzard, Rington. In that, another splurge of questions arose. But Satisotoe did not want to answer silly questions, so she told him he had no parents and that he was 6 years old and took him to the Farmers' Market.

---

"Aye, Sattie, are you? The Singer; first stage complete, I see? How is Sensei, the old cog?" Satisotoe remained quiet, holding onto Dailonne's hand. A Thinker trailed her, "Cork it, Manjer!" The Thinker said, snarling. Manjer looked up from his fruits and looked around, "Bloody Thinkers; she yours, Sattie?" Satisotoe stopped and turned around to look at Manjer, then she looked to her left, at the Thinker, who smiled and held out her hand, "Name's Meon!"

Manjer snorted, "Meon's a rap name, don't you think?" Meon snarled at Manjer, he smirked. Dailonne came forward, letting go of Satisotoe's hand, "Can we please have some food, mister!" Manjer came forward, leaning over his stand to look at Dailonne, "Of course, Dail, take what you want, please!" Meon started to go over to him, but, instead, she said, "The more you take, the more he'll rack up the price!" Meon was dressed for war, but, like every Thinker, this was the casual attire for every one of them. She had pink hair, streaks of red and purple, blue and green decorated throughout.

Manjer heaved an apple at her, but she caught it in one hand, "That one's... on the house, right?" she bit into it and smiled, chewing. He cursed under his breath, "Damned Thinkers!" but when he said it, he said it with a grin.

Satisotoe took a bag off the side of the stand and began bagging as many things as she could, Dailonne helping.

"Thank you, Manjer, for the food!" Satisotoe said, gratefully as she took a second bag and began stuffing that as well.

"Aye, Manjer, giving away free food, are you; I see Meon is there as well!"

An elderly woman bustled through the streets, a great smile on her face, which dropped as she saw Satisotoe and Dailonne. "Oye! Jorulee, this is Sattie, the Singer, and Dail! First stage is complete!" Jorulee looked worn, "Well, it is only 7 past 6 in the morning, there is still time-" Meon came around Manjer's stand and crossed her arms in front of her, "Good morning, then!" Jorulee smiled, "Meon, what a treat!-" Meon snorted, "Oh, hush, old hag! Have you found your son yet?"

Meon looked at Satisotoe, with Dailonne, and told them both to go on, that she'll be right behind them.

"Be grateful of the food Manjer gives you, and I hope you find your son." Meon said, uncrossing her arms and lifting up to fall in stride with both Satisotoe and Dailonne's shadows'. But she was not intending to follow them.