Together Again

Anxiety's POV

Me and Asher were getting to know each other a bit better. We were a long ways from the kingdom and we spend that time talking among our selves. And he told me how all those time he almost died living in that kingdom, all by himself. Literally no one helped him though those years alone. I mean even I didn't have it that bad. I had Patton. And he told me that Alex and Aaron just left him without knowing. That's just awful, even for me.

I then told him all about me and Roman. And my entire life story after I escape the kingdom. Meeting Roman, working for him, falling in love with him, everything that happened before. And he felt so sorry for me. And when I told him about Alex, I think he felt responsible for it. I just had that feeling.

"How much farther do you think until we get to your town?"

"Not much farther. But it's getting dark. I know a place where we can rest."

"Ok then. Let's go."

We walked a bit farther to the edge of this forest.

"When me and Roman left his home kingdom. We spend the night in the trees. It was actually quiet comfortable. Come on."

We made out way up the tree and just laid on a group of branches with leaves for comfort. It wasn't that bad actually. We stayed the night there and waited till morning. And when it was finally morning, we were back on the road to going home.

"Hey Virgil? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. I guess."

"H-how did you meet Aaron? Like when he started living in your town?"

"Well..i didn't meet him. I just know that he started living here because Roman started talking to him and told me about him. But I don't think he's all that bad like he was years ago."

"What does he look like?"

"Just like he did from when we were kids. Doesn't look like he's change much to me."

"What do you think he'll think of when he sees me? Like when he sees like this? All ugly and full of scars?"

"Not trying to be rude or anything but why do you even care? I mean you guys haven't seen each other in years and when you guys were friends, I remember you guys always fighting and getting on each other's cases all the time. Don't you guys hate each other, or at least you did "

"No. It wasn't like that. Sure we "play fighted" but we never hated each other. I just didn't want to him to know."

"Know what?"

"Me having a big crush on him."

"Oh....i figured."

"You did?"

"Yeah. Everytime I mentioned Aaron's name you blushed. Just didn't know before."

"Im nervous on seeing him again. What if he doesn't like me anymore, what if he rejects my feelings for him, or thinks I'm a freak for liking him, or-or-"

"Don't think about bad. Try to think about the good, the positives, the hope you have that he won't think anything bad about you. I've learned that from Roman."

"Roman's lucky to have you."

"Im lucky to have him too."

We continued to walk for awhile. And when the town was in our sight. So was Roman. And Patton and Logan.

"Logan. Patton! ROMAN!!"

I ran down the hill we're on and met Roman half way. He caught me in his arms and hugged me more tightly than ever before.

"I thought it'll be so long till I saw you again. My Little anxious baby."

"Hahaha. You know how I feel about you calling me that. But I doesn't matter now. I'm here, with you, finally.

"Were finally together again."