Random Ramblings and Psychotic Rants

No longer 18

The initiation of a girl into womanhood happens at 18. When she is celebrated with all her closest friends and family with all the ritual rights and sacrifices;  A debut is an old English custom where a girl of marriageable age is introduced to society; as tradition dictates the girl is transformed into a woman of dignity; a woman capable of being courted by men of rank and power.

This tradition lived on and many young girls eagerly wait for the time when they themselves will undergo this transformation.  They are happy, ecstatic even when they are held at the spotlight being treated like princesses for one day… one glorious and special day like a fairytale come true. and like a fairytale the magic stops at 12 midnight when all the festivities are over, when the debutante is left in the silence of her own room when she looks at the mirror and see her reflection exhausted; make-up smudged, dress crumpled and hair greasy and flat around her face…

In the back of her mind she knows that she must know play her part in the world. The burden of responsibility is now on her shoulders and she must rely on herself because the world is not the cheerful, whimsical world that she grew up believing it to be. The first bloom of youth is over, reality has just sunk in.

that was two years ago, in truth I didn't even had a debut, I spent my 18th birthday watching TMZ and eating cake, dreaming of my laptop that we were going to buy the next day.. .

I thought that when I turned 18, I'll be more mature and stuff... but here I am 20 year's older and nonetheless wiser.

My dreams of becoming a writer has taken a backseat and the goal of graduating is much more stronger.  I guess sometimes things happen which we cannot control.

It's not growing up, hell I feel old just thinking I'm 20. still I don't know why I'm more interested in games, books, manga, anime than real life itself.....

Oh, by the way I'm putting my old  short stories here. I guess organizing my stories is the first signs of growing up... :P