1. "Phase one."

Rayan

"Corahn she was so fine though!" Daniel continued talking about Ms.Pullins again. He's in love with our teacher-not literally- but whatever. I mean she's pretty but she's the teacher.

"Is she mean?" Corahn asked.

"Nah..." I replied, grabbing a Gatorade from the fridge.

Daniel sucked his teeth. "She's not mean to you because you're the smartest guy in our class." Well he was right about that. Honestly half of those kids didn't belong in there. They can't read nor write on a twelfth grade level for shit.

"Maybe if you actually gave a fuck about school, your teachers wouldn't be mean towards you bruh."

"Fuck allat. I'm trying to go shoot some hoops before I go home. Y'all down?" He asked standing up from the chair.

~

The following morning, I got up around seven as usual to get ready for school. We've been in school for about three days now and I'm finally getting used waking up early. I went to the bathroom and completed all my morning procedures. It took me approximately thirty minutes but whose counting. I got dressed in a old vintage tshirt, jeans, matching denim jacket and my docs. I didn't feel like braiding my hair so I put it up in this bun looking crap. It didn't look that bad so I left out my room and headed downstairs. Right at the kitchen table was my mother Keisha and her bitch ass boyfriend Tony. I hate him with a passion. Why? He's always trying to create some sort of bond with me. I'm not his biological son nor stepson. He needs to learn some damn boundaries.

"Good morning Rayan." Mom greeted giving me kiss on the cheek, leaving a stain. I wiped it when she wasn't looking and plastered a smile on my face.

"Morning ma. Tony." I gave him a blank look and grabbed a piece of bacon from the table.

"You're almost late for school son." Tony said glancing down at his gold Rolex.

I nearly choked on my bacon. "Nigga did you just-"

"Rayan watch your mouth! Look you need to start respecting Tony because he's going to be in your life for a long time." Mom stated with a serious look over her face.

"Well not necessarily, soon as I graduate highschool I'm out and hopefully his broke ass will have a job by then." I scoffed then grabbed my car keys from the table, walking out the kitchen.

That's one thing I dislike about my mom, she's always defending that guy. She praises him like he's god when in reality he's ain't shit. Look at this nigga getting me out of my character. I exhaled and started up my black Lexus, then pulling out of the driveway. Usually I'm quiet but assertive- laid back but outspoken. Tony just makes me cringe every time I think about him. Once I arrived at school, I was greeted by a few olds friends and associates. I wasn't in a talking mood so I went to my locker and grabbed my things. First class today was English. I actually liked this class because I was able to doing something I love- write. I could write all day honestly. I headed to the classroom and walked inside. I was the first person here as usual. Most people showed up just seconds before the bell rung.

There was Ms.Pullins, writing something on the dry erase board in her neat cursive writing. My eyes couldn't help but roam all over her. Her brown hair was pulled up into a big ballerina bun. She wore a peach colored v-neck sweater, gray high waist skirt and nude colored heels. Overall she looked great as usual. I'm not wrong for looking right?

"Rayan, good morning." She said startling me somewhat. I coughed awkwardly and waved before sitting at my desk near the back. "Actually I moved the seats around, you'll ne sitting right up front."

I started to complain but I wasn't even in the mood for protest. "Okay." With that said I got up and moved up front, taking a seat.

"I hope you don't mind. I'm just trying to get my classroom in order. Its my first year teaching and I just want everything perfect." She sighed.

"No its cool.."

"Great! Would you like to start the first assignment?"

"Sure."

Ms.Pullins grabbed some loose leaf paper and handed it to me. "Okay today we're starting creative writing and I want you to write, about anything. I would like a minimum of five paragraphs."

I nodded in understance. "Like a story?"

"Anything you want Rayan." She rubbed my shoulder and walked off. Why'd she say my name so.. I don't know. Maybe I'm tripping again.

A few minutes had past and the bell rung. All the students swarmed in, taking their seats and talking amongst eachother. Ms.Pullins quickly shut all over that down. She informed the about the assignment and told everyone to keep quiet. She's a bit strict sometimes but its only because she wants us to stay focussed. I starred down at my paper and sighed. Honestly I have nothing to write about. Most of the time it just comes to me but today just isn't my day.

"Pst! Ray!"

I looked to my right to see Brianna, my friend. I've known her since freshman year and she's pretty cool. Some say she has a crush on me but whatever. She's not really my type and besides I don't even have time for relationship. I'm too tied up into schoolwork, and shit.

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy Friday night?" She asked with a smile.

"Um no."

"I wanted to know if you'd like to go to the movies with me. That new movie with Kevin Hart is out."

I nodded. "Sure I'll go."

"Great I'll-"

"Brianna Anderson, is there something you'd like to discuss with the class?" Ms.Pullins asked from her desk with a confused look.

Brianna shook her head no. "I was just-"

"Get back to your assignment."

Well damn. Ms.Pullins is a bit mean towards Brianna sometimes but I guess its to motivate her. I sat there for the remainder of class, doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't write to save my life. This might've been the easiest assignment and I couldn't do that. Once the bell rung, everyone left out while I was putting on my backpack. With head hung low I walked up to Ms.Pullins holding out my paper. She took it and frowned.

"You didn't do anything honey."

"Because I was having a hard time concentrating." I said honestly, rubbing the back of year neck.

She tapped her red ink pen and looked up at me. "Well this essay is a huge part of your first report card Rayan. You have to complete this as soon as possible."

"How?"

"Maybe you can stay back tomorrow and finish it up here. I'll be here to help you." She suggested with a warm smile.

"Okay.. wait I kinda had plans." I sulked, referring to movies with Brianna.

Ms.Pullins raised an eyebrow. "Well what's more important?"

"My schoolwork."

"Then I expect you here tomorrow afternoon." She smiled again, causing me to tuck my lips in.

Brianna's gonna be crushed.

____________________________________

Thanks for all the feedback and votes. I didn't expect it at all lol.

Brianna is played by just a regular girl for now. Cant think of anyone to play her honestly....

10 votes and five comments for the next chapter guys :) you can do it. lmao