Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with the Beetlejuice franchise nor do I make any money from this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Betelgeuse, we are not juicing to my parent's house," remarked the pregnant woman standing in the kitchen both hands on her hips, watching the man at the table continue to read the paper. Her eye begun to tick in annoyance, and a foot started to tap against the tiled floor. Was he even listening to her?

His bottle-green eyes flicked up from the newspaper taking note of his wife's agitation with raised brows. She was mad, and the poltergeist had no clue as to why since he wasn't ignoring her. For fuck's sake, he heard every word that she was squawking about. Betelgeuse could feel the irritation growing while his gaze narrowed, and he barked out, "Why the hell not?"

A sigh fell from her pink lips before she answered him. "I'm not that far along, and we don't even know if it's safe for the baby and me. I don't want to risk it, Betelgeuse." She didn't mean to make it seem like his power would hurt them, but the truth of the situation was that she shouldn't even be pregnant. She didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize the pregnancy.

Betelgeuse set the paper down even more irritated with the assumption that his juice would hurt his wife and unborn child. His lips curved into a frown as his tone heated slightly. "My juice is fuckin' safe, Babe. Ya know I'd never put either of you in danger." Letting out a huff, he made a point to remind her that she let him juice with their daughter and never said a lick to him about it. "You let me juice with Bug all the fuckin' time, and she comes back in one damn piece just fine."

Running her hand through her raven locks, she let out another sigh and tried to unruffle her husband's feathers. "I know you wouldn't hurt us, honey but I'm a little nervous." Hell, she was more than a little nervous. Her mind couldn't help but go to all of the things that could go wrong, and there were many them. She should have never started reading that damn pregnancy book. "Many things can go wrong in the first few months, Betelgeuse." Lydia placed a hand on her stomach, her tone dropping softly. "I just don't want anything to happen to the baby." The pregnancy may have been unexpected, but it was most definitely not unwanted.

The chair scraped across the floor when the poltergeist stood to move to where his wife was. Betelgeuse wrapped his long fingers around her wrist and pulled her gently to him. He looped his arms around her waist and whispered into the side of her head. "Sweets, that kid of mine ain't goin' nowhere. You got nothin' to worry about, ya hear me?"

Her face buried into his shoulder, breathing in his earthy scent before she pulled back a little to look up at him with puppy eyes and a nod. "Yeah, I hear you, but I'd still feel better if we drove to my parents."

His gaze softened at the sight while a sigh escaped. His ample shoulders sagged in resignation as he said something. "Fine. If it will make ya feel better, then we'll drive there..." Betelgeuse then paused a mischievous grin surfacing on his rugged features before continuing, "but under one condition, Babe."

She raised a black brow and asked what the man wanted. "And that would be?"

"I get to drive." Declared the poltergeist with eyes twinkling in amusement. He gave her a little squeeze then laughed boisterously.

Lydia let out a snort while shaking her head and waving a hand to and fro. "I've heard about your driving, so no not happening." She was not letting this man behind the wheel, not after what Barbara and Adam had told her. How could she trust him to drive a real car, when the man couldn't even drive a toy one? Seriously, crashing into a goddamn fire hydrant.