Chapter 2

Lydia wasn't sure how long it had been since Betelgeuse had disappeared, though the threats and the banging had ceased some time ago. She couldn't help but wonder what the poltergeist had done to the abusive fuck. A tiny part of her, the small sliver of revenge, wished that she had been there to see it through. Taken slightly back by the line of thinking, the young mother shook her head to try and loosen the dark thoughts. A sigh escaped her, while she rested her cheek on her child's head, and waited for the dead man to say it was all well and good.

As Lydia waited, she mused over the situation that she had landed herself in. She didn't regret her decision. No, if she had not called the poltergeist and agreed to his terms, Luke would have killed them both that was for damn sure. The twisted abusive twat would have done it without a damn hesitation and probably would have had some drugged-up crack whore help him dispose of their bodies. Lydia really hoped that whatever Betelgeuse was doing to him was slow and fucking painful. Once again, she really wished that she could have been there to watch the prick cry like a little bitch as he withered in pain. Maybe Betelgeuse would have let her get in a few kicks of her own. She was disturbed by how blissfully happy she felt at her thoughts. Shit, maybe she was more unbalanced than she had believed.

Groaning, she moved her thoughts once again away from the dark and dreary and went to her daughter; Her beautiful and now silent child. It was peculiar, as soon as she had agreed to marry that dirty old poltergeist, Lucy had instantly calmed down. Maybe that had something to do with the immediate wave of peace that had settled into her being. It was like her mind knew they were safe with the dead man.

Lydia looked up when she heard the bathroom lock flip and watched as the door swung open to reveal her soon to be husband. With his arms spread out widely, Betelgeuse stepped through the threshold dressed in that tacky looking tux and grinned down at her. "Problem's gone, Babes."

The poltergeist stalked towards his wife-to-be and stopped inches from her. Leaning down, he reached out and grabbed her arm to haul her to her feet. The dead man towered over the tiny woman and continued to grin at her. "Now for your end of the bargain, Sweets."

She swallowed roughly and squared her shoulders; a deal was a deal, and this time she wouldn't back out of it. Her gaze did turn to the floor-length mirror on the wall and caught her reflection. She was a bloody mess and in no way fit to get hitched. Her face flushed with embarrassment as she turned back to her fiancée. "I'm such a mess." She looked down at her bloodied clothes, then back to him. "I'm not in any way suitable for a wedding. I should try cleaning up, just a little..."

The young mother tried pulling away, but the poltergeist held firmly to her arm. "I got this, Babes." He snapped his fingers, and in seconds she was clean and dressed in red satin.

Her dark eyes moved back to the mirror, and she sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of her appearance. 'Oh my...' Lydia thought as she continued to eye her shocked image. The dead man had outdone himself this time. Betelgeuse had removed all of the blood and replaced it with some smoky makeup while throwing her hair up in a simple updo. As for her dress, it was not the hot mess that he had thrown her in before. No, this time the dress was a formfitting red satin number with some black strappy heels. Dare she say that she looked, well, beautiful.

A rattle sounded, drawing Lydia's attention to her tiny daughter and noticed that Betelgeuse had dressed Lucy in a swaddle of black lace. Her blonde hair was held together with a black beetle barrette. She was also waving around a bat-shaped rattle, which she conveniently put in her small mouth. Lydia smiled brightly and lifted Lucy, so she could fully see her. "Oh Lulu, look at how pretty you are. You look just like a little bug."