Key in hand, she entered her room and searched everywhere for her power cord, coming up empty-handed.

The balcony. 

She went across and tested the door that was closed and locked, looking out to the surrounding area, not seeing it out there. She needed her power cord. All her work was on the laptop. Her latest book. She could do the rewrites by hand, grabbing her spare pads, she walked out, handed back the spare key, and headed back. 

Practically running back to his suite, making up time. Red in the face, and sweating. She wiped away the sweat with the sleeve of her top, her jeans feeling uncomfortable, as she knocked to be answered by Shihab.

"You took your time."

"Sorry," she stepped in and rushed off, going back to her belongings, and did a quick look for her key card that she slipped into the back pocket of her jeans. On the table was a plate of sandwiches that she took one and bit into as she spread out the notes. 

She searched out the script, flicked through to the selected scenes, and began writing by hand. Ideas of what they talked about. There were a couple of scenes she wasn't happy about changing. Did them as requested, adding question marks.

People came and went as she worked. Her back and shoulder ached, her fingers cramping, more used to using a keyboard. In the end, she dropped down onto her knees on the floor, hunched over the paperwork.

She reached for another sandwich to come up empty.

 All gone to push away the plate, reaching for her drink bottle to find that empty also. She looked around, not wanting to disturb anyone, she entered a room at the back of the suite, entering another bedroom. She wandered around spotting another door, hoping for a bathroom. 

Darting across, she opened the door and peeked in. Bingo. Entering, she crossed over to the sink and filled her bottle with water. She turned, ready to go back, only to gasp at the sight of the man in the doorway, arms crossed, leaning against the open door frame.

"Do you normally sneak around in other people's bedrooms?"

Colour flooded her cheeks. "No, I just wanted water," she held up her bottle as evidence.

"All you had to do was ask."

"I didn't want to disturb anyone," she pointed out softly. Damn it all, he was making her feel guilty, and she hadn't done anything wrong. "Sorry, it won't happen again," she stated, stiffening her back, throwing back her shoulders, and heading out. It wasn't her fault he had skanky girlfriends. "At least I don't go behind someone's back and bitch about them," she mumbled. 

A hand shot out and captured her arm, stopping her. She glared at him.

"What do you mean by that Andrea May you better explain that comment? I don't go around anyone's back."

"What do you all call it when the director tells me to play nicely with you to keep the peace? I haven't done anything wrong!"

Shihab frowned down at her. "What did you say? Miles had a go at you? When!" His tone hardened.

Her eyes widened. "It's not important. I have a job to do, and trying to do it, but you keep stopping me."

"And why aren't you using your laptop? After all, that is why you run away from me as soon as you could." Colour flooded her cheeks because he was right, but he didn't need to know that.

"That had nothing to do with you. I did leave my power cord behind, and quite often I  write by hand. At this stage, it is easier." She stood her ground. "I have no reason to run from you, or any man, come to that. I'm only here to work Mr. Kadin."