Chapter Six: Bayside Battle

The team had exited from the foot of the robot. It automatically hid itself once again. They all looked at one another. The place was here, but it seemed invisible. Ryan reached his hand out. He failed to find a knob.

"Ok, so we showed up to an empty bay." Spyder stated.

They all looked around. Harris walked near the bushes. He found something on the ground. He removed the bushes and saw something square hidden within the dirt. He scanned it with his Mech link and saw that it was a platform.

"Guys!" The young genius signaled.

The others rushed over.

"Should we step on it?" Spyder asked.

"No. It could be a trigger plate." Harris told him.

"Throw something on it." Ryan stated.

Spyder found a boulder near a tree. We went over, picked it up, and walked back. He threw the object on the plate. They all waited for something to go off. Nothing did. That's when the jokester of the group took a chance. But before he could, the sound of a door startled them all.

"You really wanna risk that."

It was Morris. The five of them turned around to face him.

"Where's Seth?" Ryan asked abruptly.

"That's none of your business-"

"Yeah, but it is." Mark cut him off.

That's when the base released a weird noise. Everyone looked over to see something rise up. It was a robot. It kind of resembled Mech X4. The only way you could tell them apart was the difference in color. The gray metallic armor had thin creases and stream shaped open parts that showcased the ooze. The outcome surprised everyone in and out the base.

"That's amazing." Morris and Harris said simultaneously.

"Oh my god." Mark followed after that.

"How did he even make that?" Ryan asked.

"He really plays a dangerous game. I'm surprised it hasn't struck yet." Veracity commented.

"Does it have seat warmers?" Spyder wondered.

"Now you see what a little brain power can do!"

The voice was recongizable, but the person was no where to be found.

"Leo is not the only intelligent minded human in the world who build a robot." The person continued.

"Seth, where are you?!" Ryan shouted.

"Duh, I'm up here. In the robot. Remember when I was able to move the monster? Well guess what? Same goes for this. Your not the only pilot around here, Ryan." Seth answered.

The fifteen year old growled a little.

"Your just the only technopathic pilot. Well, at least for now. Time for a little chaos." Seth stated evilly.

"No way!" Ryan hollered.

He used his powers to signal the robot. With one little step, they were in. Once they reached the top, everyone immediately went to their stations. Ryan locked into his harness and now had access to Mech X4.

"Seth, what do you-"

"Get Grey and everybody else online. I need back up." Seth ordered.

Morris nodded. He ran back inside to alert people. The crew quickly got into position. Seth smirked as the team prepared for a fight.

"You know kiddo, I'm glad we get to do this again." He stated.

"Yeah. We can't wait to beat you too. And don't call me kiddo!" Ryan replied.