C H A P T E R | 2

I couldn't find it in myself to fall asleep again, and instead found myself gather everything I'd need for school.

I quietly left place I was suppose to call home, reminding myself of the empty pit that seemed to dwell in a never ending cycle.

I changed quickly outside the boys home, shoving the loose articles of clothing I didn't need into my backpack before taking it to my secrete place. The place where I'd mope when I refused to acknowledge the world, or hide when I needed to be alone, and undisturbed. It wasn't fancy, and wasn't functional much anymore. An old wear house, that was condemned, little to no people ever go there. Most the time it's other teenagers looking for a place to part, only to change their minds once they've been in here for little over 10 minuets.

After I secured my bag in one of the high rafters, I left for the city. Listening into the police radio, while also keeping and eye out below me. The morning was quiet, too quiet if you asked me. The city was a loud, boisterous place, with many cars, and people to fill the air with sound. One of the many qualities New York had to offer. To outsiders, it may seem unlivable, or too noisy. However, I relished in it. It was one of the things I loved about New York.

Yet this morning it was almost as if the city was asleep.

I quickly took my place on top of one of the many high buildings this city had to offer. Breathing in deeply as I let my nerves unwind. I felt at peace high up, watching over the city as the air blew around me. A small smile gracing my lips as I stared down below.

The people completely oblivious to my presence as I watched over them. The cars passed by slowly, with the on going traffic, while many people continued to walk. I took a deep breathe in before letting it out. Repeating the motion over and over again, until my nerves had significantly calmed down. My heart beat was regular again, my my line was clear.

I stood up, ready to jump over the side of building, so I could make my way to school after retrieving my bag. When I could hear the distinct sound of fighting not to far away. My body instantly leaped over the side of the building. I let myself free fall for a few moments before shooting a web. My reflexes caring me to another part of the city as I followed the sound.

The idea of getting to school on time instantly flying out the window, when I came around the corner. I could see the Avengers fight, what looked like alien like creatures. While, Loki stood in the middle of the chaos. A staff in hand as the rest tried to stop him from causing anymore damage to the city.

I swung down to the top of the building knocking one the creatures out of the way just as it was about to attacked Steve.

"Nice to see you Spider-Man" he said, acknowledging me, knocking one of the soldiers to the ground. This wasn't uncommon for me to join in the fight. I would often offer my help to them, and they would take it without compliant. Often times I would show up and disappear before they could even really get a word in. One of the ways I go about trying to keep my identity hidden.

I continued to hit, knock down, or web soldiers. Fighting until Loki bad been pushed into a corner.

"Give it up Loki, must we go over this every time you try to take over something?" Thor said. I watched intently, noticing how Loki took a step back before bring his staff up in a quick motion. Thor threw his hammer attempting to stop him however just as the hammer made contact with Loki. A green light shooting from the staff, shooting out towards Steve who wasn't looking.

Without thinking I rushed forward, everything seeming in slow motion as I reached for him. Pushing him out of the way just as the light reached him, zapping me instead. Causing me to fall over the end. My body hitting the top of the dumpster before landing on the concrete. A searing pain shooting through my entire boy. And instead of stopping, the pain only grew, spreading throughout every inch.

My breathing became ragged and my vision fazed in and out. It almost felt like my entire body had fallen asleep and was trying to wake up. That feeling of pin needles throughout my entire body. I moved into a fetal position, as best as I could, noticing how my body refused to move.

"Spide—"

"—man!" I could hear multiple shouts coming not to far from where I laid, however, my eyes refused to open and everything began to go black.

________________

A/N

This was a rewrite because wattpad deleted this chapter.