Without hesitation, I walked over towards the book I had been reading ever since I found it in the old mansion, maybe now that someone, who belonged there, would want it back. It seemed old and antic, but there were nonsense written all inside of it.

I walked over towards my bedside, opening the drawer there it was. The book sat there inside my drawer. It did not look as though it had been moved since I set it there, many years ago.

I looked up towards the door, making sure no one was coming in. I had not told anyone I had borrowed this book from the old mansion.

I brought my attention to the book. The leather cover was cracked and chipped in places. Dark stains streaked across it, almost as if it had been soaked in blood. I shuddered, I had shuddered the first time I had seen it. But at that time, my curiously overcame my revulsion.

I grabbed it out of the drawer. I sat on my bed with my back against the oak headboard. I drew up my knees and laid the book against them. I trailed my fingers along the leather cover. It was worn thin, as though it had been handled for centuries. I wondered who had handled this book, before it had been in my hands.

Carefully I turned back the cover. The paper was brittle and yellow with age. I turned the first page, nothing I hadn’t seen before, yet I kept on reading.

Roosevelt California, 1702

I had never done this before but some of my friends have told me it would be good for me. I had to get my emotions out somehow. So here I am, writing my emotions.

I am so cold. I have never been this cold, never. My hands are numb.

Last night I fed on a humans blood for the first time in years. I fought the craving as long as I could, but I was weak so weak. Hunger gnawed at my stomach like a wild animal tearing at its prey’s throat.

I was so weak, I gave in to the calls of my friends, to feed. I told myself I would only do it, but I wont kill. I wouldn’t want that. I wouldn’t want to be an animal, I wasn’t an animal!

I saw the anticipation that gleamed in their eyes as we made our way into town.

We walked through the town as through we were normal humans, as though we weren’t there to destroy. Then we waited behind the mill at the edge of town. No one really came here in the dark, but you always had some fools that did.

Finally some drunk people appear. Two guys and one girl, my eyes were glued on the girl. I watched as she swayed, laughing and giggling, clinging onto one of the guys. Her blond locks moving around as she moved.

“Mine.”

I growled letting them all know, who I had chosen.

They stumbled and they laughed, then we were there, surrounding them.

The clouds moved away from the moon. It only made it easier to see the terror in their eyes.

My senses were heightened, since I can remember. I acquired a cat’s ability to see in the dark. A serpent’s ability to sense the living warmth of its prey. And hearing as keen as any wolf’s, along with their speed.

I heard, each and one of their breath quicken, the thudding of their hearts as they pounded against their ribs. I heard the blood rushing through their veins.

I smelled their fear, their terror. My nostrils flared as I smelled the choking odor of their blood. My mouth watered. I couldn’t help it if I tried. Food was only a few feet away. I would feed and the constant pain would go away.

Jackson stepped forward. His eyes glowed red, and I wondered if mine glowed as well. One of the guy’s looked at him, powerless. And then he…

He lunged for the guy. He shrieked in panic and then everything went crazy.

My prey, screamed loud, as if she was already being killed. She tried to run but I ran after her. I let all of my predator instincts take over. I grabbed her arm, pinning her towards the wall. She trashed to be released but to no avail.

“Please no! Please!” I looked into her ocean blue green eyes, they showed she was desperate, but they would not help her. My stomach cramped. Something in me wanted her let her free, but another part did not. My throat tightened. With my tongue I felt the sharpened points of my teeth. My breathing became shallow, I knew she doomed.

Her lips trembled in fear, tears stained her cheeks. I heard the faintest of whimpers.

I leaned close to her, pressed my mouth to his neck, “It will be over soon.”

I promised as I sank my teeth into her throat. She shrieked in pain and jerked but nevertheless, she relaxed within my hold. Her blood pumped into my mouth.

Warm. Sweet. Sweeter than any dessert. A steady stream of warm, sweet nourishment.

I felt myself growing stonger as she grew weaker. I felt stronger than I had ever felt before. I drank her blood until there was no more left.

I felt her limp, dead.

Pulling away, I saw her angelic face. she was white her lips were  blue.

Blue.

The color of her eyes, which would never open. I felt sudden sadness wash over me. I wiped the blood from my mouth, the odor sickened me.

“Let’s go.” The voice was kind but firm.

I did not weep, I could not weep. I stood up placing the girl down, gently. I had done it again, I had killed her once again.

“Let’s go Trevor.” Jackson pulled me to my feet and we fled.

I would do anything to end the constant craving for blood. But I knew it would never leave, it would always be there. It had always been there since birth.

*

Gently, I closed the book. Tears stung my eyes. The first page always got to her. The rest of the pages did as well, but the first page, damn it got to her badly.

I touched the worn leather, caressing it. With a sigh I set the journal on the bed stand. I buried myself beneath my blankets. A nap would not do me any harm. I would awake and eat the cheesecake.

I let the darkness sweep me into a dreamless dream. 

-----

Please vote&comment. I would love to hear from you guys!

Goals for chapter:
15 votes
10 Comments
Please help me reach my Goal!

xoxo, Dreamcometrue123