Chapter 1

2016

The full moon shone up brightly in the autumn sky. The winds were blowing whistles throughout the neighbourhood. As the grandfather clock struck exactly at midnight, a man appeared in front of the Kwak Residence. 

He went inside through the back door with his ton of luggage trailing behind him. He settled his things in the living room, and then proceeded to climb the stairs sneakily. The man stopped in front of a crimson red door that has the family's crest stuck onto it. 

He banged on the door loudly, but the lady that was residing inside that room didn't stir up even once. He banged on the door harder and the lady fell off the bed with a thud. 

The lady went to answer the door and she was attacked with a bone-crushing hug.

"Kenji! It's been a while," he said as he released the little lady. The poor little girl scrunched her nose up as she scanned the man in front of her while rubbing her eyes. 

"It's me~ Youngminnie~," he said in a sing-song voice. 

"Aron?" She exclaimed. He grinned like a Cheshire cat and hugged her again. 

"What took you so long," she asked quietly as he hugged her tightly. 

"Well, my company was being strict with my group for the past years and I got busy too," he reasoned out, looking at his dear sister. 

"Wait I just realized, why on earth are you looking like a potato?" he asked as he cocked his right brow. 

She blushed and turned around to walk towards her bed. She plopped on her bed with her face buried on the sheets. 

"Aw sissy, you have rolls now, daebak," he said playfully as he poked her sides. 

"A-Aron, stop it," she said as she held her laugh in. She muffled her giggles on her pillow as Aron tickled her until she was wheezing and coughing out. 

"Inhaler—" she wheezed out, as she clenched her chest. He looked at his sister in horror and panicked. 

"Why are y'all so loud in the middle of the night?" A voice said, sleepily.

"She's having some kind of attack, DO SOMETHING!" Aron yelled as he squatted down with his hands trembling. 

"Oh muchacho, she's having an asthma attack, go calm her down a bit," she said and dashed down the hallway. 

"Bae, it's gonna be alright, oppa is here," He said as he wiped her tears with his thumb. The girl came back with a nebulizer in one hand, and an inhaler in one hand. 

"Here, catch," she said as she threw the inhaler to Aron and began to set up the machine. She breathed in the Salbutamol mist and began to breathe normally. Her hands were shaking as she held onto his brother. 

Tears were welling up in her eyes as she hugged her brother. She sat up straight, then leaned on the headboard of her bed and stared at a distance.

"Do you feel better now?" her brother asked as he removed the stray hairs off of her face. She nodded curtly and smiled at him. 

"I'm really glad you're actually here now," she said as her eyes gleamed at the sight of him. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry 'bout that," he apologized as he scratched the back of his head. "I didn't know that you have asthma," he continued. 

"Hey, ya might wanna be careful around her next time," the little lady standing behind him said, "she's as fragile as an egg shell, I'm tellin' ya." 

He chuckled at her statement. 

"Mari, I am not, okay?" Machenzie said defensively, "don't listen to her, Aron," she said as she glared at her.