Main Dish & Dessert

Rafa could only stare in amazement as Marla gracefully moved about his kitchen. It was as if no kiss happened just a minute ago, she tinkered with the stove and the cupboard and then swiftly plucked a pink apron a rack. She must have felt he was looking so when she caught his eye, she made a face then crinkled her nose. He almost fell back, wondering how on earth her tiniest move; the goofiest gesture could send him to the moon and back

"Eyes on the salad!" she said without looking at him, as she busied herself with the pan. She drizzled it with olive oil and expertly turned it a bit.

"It's done." He finally said then walked to the ref and placed the bowl inside. He was so tempted to take her place in front of the stove but he held back. He watched as she put the onion and garlic on the pan.

"Huwag kang mapraning dyan at alam ko ang gagawin. Kahit naman grade one mahuhulaan agad na pesto marinara ang trip mong lutuin noh." She said as she started sautéing the squid, shrimp and tuna flakes.

"I'm sorry, I'm just..."

She waved him off. "No need to apologize. Hindi ka siguro sanay na may ibang gumagalaw dito sa kitchen mo. Pero naman, gutom na ko. Nagra-rally na mga anaconda ko sa tyan. Kung tatayo alng ako at magpapa-cute, baka bumulagta na lang ako ditto. Kaya ayan..." she points to the bowl with the marinated slices of fish. "Kung ano man ang balak mo dyan, gawin mo na ha?"

He just stared at her, he's aware that his mouth must be hanging slightly open but he doesn't give a hoot. He couldn't believe how this beautiful woman in front of him could so easily talk to him that way. Is this the same woman who was almost in riding, always running away from him weeks ago?

She paused from what she's doing, then placed a hand on her hips. "Ano? Hindi ka sanay ng inuutusan? Kusina ito, Congressman at hindi session hall. Wala kang powers dito. At tandaaan mo, gutom ako, kaya wala akong sinasanto." She said with raised brow, but the twinkle in her eyes told him she was just being coy. Then she went back to cooking.

He blinked. Oh, man...

In a couple of steps, he was behind her and had wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed the top her head, then her temple, then her ear...

She slapped his hand and moved her head away a bit. "bakit may ganito tayong eksena? Magluto ka na."

"You look good in my kitchen."

"Gano'n?" she said, as if she didn't believe her. She reached fro the bowl of cooked pasta and emptied it on the pan. She turned the knob on the stove to low fire. "See that?" she pointed to the fire. "Kapag masyadong mainit, mao-overcooked yung pasta."

He just raised a brow, but allowed her to pry herself away from him.

"Rafa..."

"Fine." He held up his hands, then reached fro the grilling pan. "Mag-iihaw na po." He grinned.

"Good." She checked the pasta then turned off the stove. "Okay na ito."  she took her left arm and checked his watch. "Labas muna ko."

"Saan ka pupunta?"

"Makikipagkita muna 'ko kay Piolo."

"What?" he asked, incredulous.

"Eyes on your pan!" she said as she walked out the door and disappeared from view.

Shaking his head, he focused on what he's doing. Not that he doesn't like what's going on but he's just amazed at how easily things did a turn-around. So this si what it's like to be with her?

He smiled. Not caring if any of the household staff might come in and see him. He's probably gone bonkers. But hes' liking it.

No, he's loving it.