may the best man win.

*Tris's pov*

"Tris! get up we have our aptitude tests today!" Caleb said flipping on my light. I got out of bed and shuffled over to my bathroom and started getting ready as I stared at the boarded up mirror. "we don't believe in beauty!" I mocked and started the shower.

when I got out I put my gray rags on and I headed for the bus stop. we got to school and we all stood in line at our designated faction doors.

the trains came into sight and the dauntless jumped out of them and ran through their door.

I walked into the room and looked around when I noticed mirrors and I quickly turned away.

"why is it you abnegation always lose your minds when you see a mirror?!" the lady said.

"we don't believe in beauty."

"yeah, I've noticed, I'm Tori, I'll be doing your aptitude test."

"I am Tris" I said shyly and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

she sat me back and handed me a cup.

"here drink this"

"what is it?" I asked cautiously.

"its a serum that stimulates you're brain and brings out your fears and its your brains job to solve them."

I slammed it and then closed my eyes. (A/N: I'm making up fears for the fear landscape.)

the fire burnt bright beneath my feet as I ran over to Navy Pier. sweat dripped down my face and I looked around but nobody could help me. I looked over and saw a fire extinguisher I used it. The grass revealed to be burnt to a crisp and I threw the extinguisher on the ground and walked off.

"Get up! you gotta leave, I'll sneak you out the back door!" tori panicked.

"what were my results?" I wondered out loud.

"Abnegation..." she hesitated "your tests were inconclusive.

"what's that mean!?" I asked quietly.

"you're different, don't let anyone find out about you, you can't tell your friends, let alone your family you need to find the safest faction!" she said. "I'll tell them the serum made you sick."

I walked home as her words swirled around in the back of my mind.

you're different, "don't let anyone find out about you!"

am I a monster!? I can't be...I'm just

over thinking again. tomorrow is going to be fun, I just decide the rest of my life.

back home I walked in and went into the kitchen.

"why are you home so early?" mom asked worried.

"oh you know...that serum made me feel all bubbly inside, not a big deal.

Caleb walked in and looked at me.

"why weren't you at school a little bit ago.

"that serum made me sick...no big deal." I said trying to sound normal.

we had dinner and talked about the government and stuff.

"wherever you two go...we will always love you."

we all said goodnight and went to bed.

"Caleb and I will determine our lives tomorrow... factionless or in a faction. should I stay in Abnegation just for my parents?"