Chapter Fourteen:

Start from the beginning

“Yes…actually I do…” Miroku trailed off thoughtfully.

All of the villagers seemed to shrink back into the ground that they stood on, consumed in fear. I hid my smile in Inuyasha’s shoulder. Miroku smiled at the cowards and folded his arms across his chest.

“Do not fear, for as we said before, we are exorcists and we can help. Although…it will cost you…”

The villagers shared a look and then the leaderish looking one stepped forward. “We accept. Name your price.”

“We would like food, water, and shelter for the night. Plus, depending on your village’s amount of gold-” I socked him one. Miroku glared at me and hid behind Sango, clutching his now bruised arm. “Fine. Just food, water, and shelter please.”

The whole village seemed to light up. “O-oh, of course. Right away. Please follow us.”

The people went back to their routine, waving at us and smiling as we walked past them and towards a larger house. Their leader continued to thank us as we walked.

“Really, it’s okay. This is our job.” Miroku assured, every now and again looking to us for help. We simply shrugged, snickering at him.

“I really hope this is to your liking?” The man slid open a door. The room was huge, four king sized beds, one in each corner, and a large pile of food sat in the middle. I climbed off Inuyasha and smiled warmly at the man. “Thank you, it’s perfect.”

“You’re welcome.” He winked at me. Inuyasha snarled at him and moved in front of me protectively. The man looked ready to pee his pants.

“I am sorry. I didn’t realize she was your mate.” He bowed.

“Uhh, I’m not-” I started but Kagome stomped on my foot. “OW!”

“Yes, they are mates.” I glared at my cousin and held my hurt foot. Inuyasha started to protest but Kagome silenced him quick with a threatening glare. He shuffled behind me.

“Then you two may share a bed. You see we weren’t expecting this so we don’t have enough beds for all of you. They are big enough to share however…”

“Great.” I growled. Then I broke out into a huge smile. “Well we’ve already figured out the arrangements. Kagome and Koga would love to share the other bed, I’m sure. Sango and Shippo and Miroku can choose their own beds.” I smiled sweetly at Kagome, ignoring her fierce glare.

We walked into the room and then man bowed. “Have a pleasant evening. You may begin the exorcism tomorrow.” And with that he left.

“Kimi!” Kagome turned on me, glaring.

I stared at her, eye brow raised. “Problems?”

“What was that?”

“I don’t know, Kagome, you tell me.” I snapped.