Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

“You’re back!!!” Shippo grinned, jumping next to Miroku as Inuyasha climbed out of the well with Kagome and me on his back.

“Well hey there Shippo! How have you been?” I jumped off Inuyasha’s back and hugged the little fox demon.

Shippo told me everything that had happened while we had been gone as we started to walk. We stopped at a river to rest. I sat down on some rocks next to Inuyasha while Kagome and Miroku sat on another pile of rocks.

“Hey look…something’s coming this way!” Shippo pointed to something floating in the river.

“Oh my god, it’s a head!” I gasped as the object drew nearer.

“Eww!” Kagome cried, moving behind me. Miroku pulled the head out of the water.

“That’s strange…”

“What?” Inuyasha peered over Miroku’s shoulder while Miroku inspected the head. I peered over the other.

“There’s no cuts or marks on them.”

“Are they demon? Or some kind of mold maybe?” I asked, Shippo jumping onto my shoulders to watch.

“No, they have a human scent…” Inuyasha shook his head.

“Hey! There’s another one!”

Miroku pulled another head out of the river, an exact replica of the first head.

“Let’s go upstream and find out what’s going on.” Kagome suggested.

We walked quite a way upstream before finding anything interesting came across our paths.

“Hey guys…do you hear that?” Kagome stopped, listening to the wind.

I listened and heard voices.

“It’s coming from that tree!” Kagome pointed to the large tree a few yards away from where we stood. We walked closer to the tree.

“Oh my god, it’s like…growing heads!” I peered closer. The heads looked exactly alike, hanging from all the branches of the tree. They all started talking to us.

“Beware.”

“The ‘Peach Man!’”

Inuyasha and I shared a look. “The ‘Peach Man’?”

“What happened here?” Miroku asked the heads.

“We were devoured by the old man of the mountain.”