Six

A/N Trigger warning?

Somewhere in the middle of the film, Eddie had laid his head down on Richie's lap, so Richie could run his fingers through his silky, dark brown hair. And somewhere near the end, Eddie had fallen asleep. Richie realized this when the credits rolled down the screen, and he looked down at the short boy, who's eyes were shut and breath was slow and calm. Richie felt his heart flutter at that. 

It was nine o'clock, and Richie knew he should head home. He lifted Eddie's head a little, so he could slip out from beneath him. Richie thought it was cute how deep of a sleeper Eddie was. But he felt a tinge of guilt. Eddie would wake up, confused as to where Richie was. 

He spotted a small notebook on Eddie's nightstand, and a pen. He tore out a sheet of paper so he could leave a note.

He won't mind, Richie thought.

Richie took the pen into his hand, and started scribbling down words. His handwriting was normally jumbled and messy, but he tried to write each letter with precision so Eddie could easily read it.

The note said:

'Hi Eddie :)

You fell asleep on my lap while we were watching the movie. I didnt want you to wake up confused where I am so Im leaving this note

Ill see you at school tomorrow. I loved our date. And heres my number since I dont think I ever gave you it so here it is:

(Richie's number)

Love Richie'

Richie thought about it for a moment, and then added two little hearts underneath his name. He placed the lined sheet of paper near Eddie's hand, and left the house. Sonia wasn't home yet, so Richie could walk out without any worry.

  ♚  

Eddie woke up from a knocking on his bedroom door. He opened his eyes, and squinted, the morning sunlight hurting his eyes. His door opened.

"Eddie, it's time for school." his mother said.

"Okay, mommy." Eddie muttered sleepily.

"Eddie, oh my God! Eddie, what happened to your cheek?" she shouted, hurrying her way toward him, the floor groaning and creaking beneath her weight. She grabbed his face firmly, and examined the purple bruise on his face.

"N-nothing! I fell! I just fell!"

"Oh my goodness, are you okay? Do we need to see a doctor or-"

"I'm fine." Eddie interrupted, and then felt bad.

"Okay, but you're not going to school without an ice-pack... Eddie what's this?" she picked up a sheet of paper that Eddie hadn't noticed. Eddie looked at it curiously.

Sonia mumbled all of the words on the note, and then looked at Eddie, the same facial expression plastered onto her face as all the people at the movie theater who had stared at them. Eddie's breath hitched, and he let out a sound that was almost a whimper.

"You went on a date, huh? With a boy?" she growled, and tore the note into four. Eddie grimaced in fear.

Eddie couldn't answer, so he just stared at her, his big, brown eyes wide and swirling with fear and guilt combined.

"You're sick, Eddie. You're a sick little boy, being gay. You know you made yourself this way. You chose to be this way. And you're not going to school again until you come to your senses. Do you understand?" She was practically yelling at Eddie.

Eddie found his voice. "Mom, please-"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Okay... Okay, mommy. I'll try to get better."